Unlocked iPhone 4 problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 23, 2012
I have t-mobile family for my iPhone 4. I bought a ATT iPhone 4 used from ebay for my daughter. I did a factory unlock like mine and all she gets is no signal. For a will she got a few bars but not any more. I tried many utube vids to fix the problem but no good. I have tried the jailbreak and that didn't work. I don't know what else to do. .

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Did you use an eBay factory unlock? Check the unlock status by inputting the IMEI number here. You can find the IMEI number in Settings app under General then About. It should say unlocked when you do this. If it does say unlocked, try reseating the SIM. If that doesn't work, try a different SIM. Give it at least five minutes to find a signal. My eBay-unlocked 4S takes several minutes to recognize the SIM when I first put it in the phone.

Aug 23, 2012
I tried yesterday and it restored the phone as mine not hers. I had been jailbroken. Maybe that was why. We went to my parents yesterday and she had 2 bars for a short time then back to no service. It must be unlocked.I also replaced the speaker antenna assembly last week. That didn't help.