Unlocked iPhone 6? Are they real?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by jasonviper, Sep 13, 2014.

1. jasonviper

jasonviper New Member

I know Apple is not selling unlocked iPhone 6, but why are there so many on eBay? I travel a lot for work and I am looking into buying one off eBay. Do they even exist or is there a cheap or free way I can unlock the phone myself? I forgot to mention I have Tmobile.

#1 jasonviper, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Be very careful buying off eBay. Lots of scammers.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Isn't the whole premise of T-Mobile's plans, that you own the phone. I suppose that if you buy one at full price, you shouldn't have an issue getting it unlocked. Last year, I bought a full price AT&T iPhone 5s. I called up and they unlocked it. I later returned the device, but that's only because I wanted gold and had become eligible for a $200 subsidy.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, they exist. Apple sells them, but they aren't shipping them for 7-10 business days. There is no chance that this seller has any yet. I wouldn't deal with him. Either buy one from Apple or T-Mobile or buy a locked one and unlock it yourself. The unlocks run about $30 on ebay and they are permanent. I can provide more details if you're interested in doing that. Why not just buy it from T-Mobile?

5. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I have one on order landing 9-19. I stay away from contracts and have a $30 plan with TMobile.

Sent using iCafe app

6. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

How did you order that. I did not have that option at the App store. I would have preferred to just get an unlocked model and pay full from the get go this time around.
    I used AT&T Next and will pay it off as soon as AT&T will allow with no stupid restrictions.

7. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

You had to order from the website. I tried the app first and it referred me to the full site.

Sent using iCafe app

8. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Member
    Bronze

Just unlocked my 6 and 6+. Took 2 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk