Unlocked iPhone: Better on T-Mobile?

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
So, I recently took the plunge, cancelled my AT&T account after being tired of dropped, lost, and missed calls. Went to T-Mobile and haven't been sorry since.

T-Mobile really does make the iPhone shine, it's faster over EDGE (here in Dayton, Ohio at least, with the $20 internet plan, screw waiting 2 minutes for the T-Zones to kick in) and the signal seems to catch much faster, bars update faster. There are fewer dead zones, and the signal recovers much faster after you hit one.

The locate me function works fine, as does YouTube, Safari, Mail, Maps.... hell, the only thing that DOESN'T work is Visual Voicemail... which I don't really miss.

Anyone else notice this after switching?

I've been with T-Mo for over a year, had the BlackBerry 8700g with the $20 internet plan and I loved it. Just recently bought the iPhone and I am pleased with it. The signal/service on the iPhone isn't as great as my BB was, I had service EVERYWHERE with it. I was planning on switching to AT&T to have an "official" iPhone when my contract expires, but I am starting to think about it more and more when I hear about how not so great AT&T is.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
T-Mobile and iPhone fits better together than AT&T in my opinion.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
^^ agreed. I have T-Mobile, and have never looked back and thought of getting AT&T. as soon as I see $60/450 mins.. and quickly run back to T-Mobile..

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
^^ agreed. I have T-Mobile, and have never looked back and thought of getting AT&T. as soon as I see $60/450 mins.. and quickly run back to T-Mobile..
I've been thinking about T-Mobile. I already have an account with them with two lines(wife & daughter). If they will give me another line, what 20.00 plan are you talking about?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
there is a $19.99 BlackBerry unlimited Internet plan, but it works with iPhones as well, and there is a $5.99 T-Zones plan, works with just about anything.

I have neither. I have wifi everywhere I go.. school, home, work..

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I thought that was the one. That was the only one T-Mo has, but I didn't know it worked on iPhones. Thanks

scuderia

May 28, 2008
So, I recently took the plunge, cancelled my AT&T account after being tired of dropped, lost, and missed calls. Went to T-Mobile and haven't been sorry since.

T-Mobile really does make the iPhone shine, it's faster over EDGE (here in Dayton, Ohio at least, with the $20 internet plan, screw waiting 2 minutes for the T-Zones to kick in) and the signal seems to catch much faster, bars update faster. There are fewer dead zones, and the signal recovers much faster after you hit one.

The locate me function works fine, as does YouTube, Safari, Mail, Maps.... hell, the only thing that DOESN'T work is Visual Voicemail... which I don't really miss.

Hi... I'm new and obviously behind. I have lost the YouTube function on my iPhone during the switch to T-Mobile and I have no idea how to get it back... :(

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles

I've been with T-mobile since 1992. The only reason I went to AT&T is for the iPhone. After joining EIC and learning about all the things that can done with the phone, I went back to T-mo. My Youtube doesn't work, but that's due to jailbreaking and unlocking, but I use MxTube. Works just fine. The difference is I have to search for videos, which is fine by me, because I get only the ones I want.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Switched to T-Mobile after a couple months of AT&T suffering. They are great service and much cheaper. Unfortunately I will have to switch back to AT&T come next week because of 3G.