Unlocked iPhone from Apple (overseas model)

Sabre9532

Feb 9, 2009
If I bought an unlocked iPhone from overseas that came unlocked from Apple.

And I have a pda data plan already with ATT, since it is a NON IMEI from ATT would they know what phone I was using?

I have always used unlocked phones and they never know, but I am just wondering, because of the way the iPhone accesses the internet and such?

Thanks,
Burn

Emerica

Bronze
Feb 5, 2009
I've heard of people on the data plan ($20) get caught using iPhone and get a message probably because the iPhone data plan is ($30)

Sabre9532

Feb 9, 2009
I would keep a full data plan, I just want to be able to use swirly and have ATT not know I have iPhone.

Also could I jailbreak the unlocked phone ? What about syncing and such. Remember this would be an Apple unlocked phone.

Burn

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
If you're using an iPhone, AT&T will know about it, like the other guy said. If you keep the $30 data plan on your line, they won't care. As for jailbreaking, sure, you can do that if you want to.

Joe

Emerica

Bronze
Feb 5, 2009
Misewell buck up and get the unlimited texting as well unless you're short on funds or use a plan that is sufficient for your needs.

Sabre9532

Feb 9, 2009
Missing the Point

First I already have jailbroken my phone, anybody that doesn't is missing out. Super easy reversable and stable. I now have copy and paste, video recording, soon bluetooth, some flash play capabilities and MMS(kinda)

I want to use MMS, ATT currently blocks that. It is now possible to use MMS on a jailbroken iPhone with Swirly, ATT has enabled MMS in my acct with the iPhone plan, however it gets removed by their snooper programs.

If I have an unlocked iPhone from Italy, ATT will not recognize the IMEI, and then I will be able to have MMS as I can sign up for a PDA plan (almost identical to iPhone plan, but with MMS). I just wanted to know if anyone has done this or since the iPhone connects with US iTunes will it overwrite and lock to ATT ?