Unlocked iPhone froze

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bolimc

Oct 5, 2007
Hi, i bought an unlocked iPhone..Then the iPhone linked to iTunes froze and now Ihave, when Iturn on the phone, the frozen image of the iTunes logo and the charging cable . Do you know if there is a way to reset the phone and let it stay unlocked ?

If it already happened that the new update software is in the phone you could unlock it?

Brian

roadracer516

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
You might need to restore it, that is what I had to do. Be sure that you have iTunes set to "manually" sync Ipod and not automatically.

Once hooked up to iTunes, press the shift key and then click on restore and it will ask you what to use for the update. Go find 1.0.2 and use that to update. DO NOT USE 1.1.1 or you are hosed! It will erase everything on your iPhone, but you can update if you have already done so in iTunes.

Last edited by a moderator:

bolimc

Oct 5, 2007
thanks but.....

You might need to restore it, that is what I had to do. Be sure that you have iTunes set to "manually" sync Ipod and not automatically.

Once hooked up to iTunes, press the shift key and then click on restore and it will ask you what to use for the update. Go find 1.0.2 and use that to update. DO NOT USE 1.1.1 or you are hosed! It will erase everything on your iPhone, but you can update if you have already done so in iTunes.

it didn't work..at the end of the restoring process an alert is telling me it could end the process for an unknown error, so my screen is still frozen on the iTunes icon..any other idea?

roadracer516

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
it didn't work..at the end of the restoring process an alert is telling me it could end the process for an unknown error, so my screen is still frozen on the iTunes icon..any other idea?
Are you SURE that 1.1.1 did not get installed on your phone? Do you know what method they used to unlock your phone?

When you tried to restore last, did you hold the power and the main menu button until the yellow triangle appeared on the screen? If not do that and then try to do the restore again by pressing Shift and restore to choose 1.0.2 as your update.

bolimc

Oct 5, 2007
still frozen

Are you SURE that 1.1.1 did not get installed on your phone? Do you know what method they used to unlock your phone?

When you tried to restore last, did you hold the power and the main menu button until the yellow triangle appeared on the screen? If not do that and then try to do the restore again by pressing Shift and restore to choose 1.0.2 as your update.
well I think the phone has been paryially upgrade to 1.1.1. and then froze. yes I tried to hold power and main button but i didn't see the yellow triangle, just reappered after some seconds the frozen image of the new "connecting iTunes". Do you think that if i wait the complete discharge of the battery i could bypass this frozen situation and apply a full restore?
In any case thanks for the help

roadracer516

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
well I think the phone has been paryially upgrade to 1.1.1. and then froze. yes I tried to hold power and main button but i didn't see the yellow triangle, just reappered after some seconds the frozen image of the new "connecting iTunes". Do you think that if i wait the complete discharge of the battery i could bypass this frozen situation and apply a full restore?
In any case thanks for the help
FYI: You need to hold the power and menu button for quite a long time (over 10 seconds) in order to get the phone to show the yellow triangle.

I don't think the "drain the battery" method will do you any good. I am not sure what to tell you from here. Give some good searches a try on this forum, it has helped me a TON! Best of luck.

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
you know i think you might be screwed. if your getting the charger cable and the iTunes screen it has already upgraded itself to 1.1.1. so you wont be able to unlock it