unlocked iPhone not recognized

evil_ryu

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
so i got me an iPhone saturday and it was unlocked with 1.1.4 but there was a catch to it.. it didn't sync with iTunes and didn't come with usb cable? so i just went ahead and got it thinkin i can use my ipod cable and maybe rehack it to get it to work? now when i plugged my iPhone to my labtop or pc's it doesn't even connect nor make a sound that theres a new driver? so i went ahead and got another cable just to see if it would help but no such luck.. i can get my phone to charge but it doesn't show the icon its charging? what im suppose to do now? i can use its phone function but thats all? was i screwed over? i can go do recovery mode when holding down home and power but when it ask for me to connect to iTunes i cant cause my pc's don't reconize the iPhone? any advise please....

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I can only tell you the usual possible fixes---try different cables, try all the other usb ports (make sure it's not on an add-on hub), uninstall and then reinstall your usb through Device Manager on pc. Wish I could be of further assistance!

evil_ryu

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
I can only tell you the usual possible fixes---try different cables, try all the other usb ports (make sure it's not on an add-on hub), uninstall and then reinstall your usb through Device Manager on yer pc. Wish I could be of further assistance!
thanks but i have i've tried my laptop and my other 2 pc's at home, i've even tried my pc here at work.. i'll try to get another OEM cable from Apple today and hope to god it works? :(
also check this out im getting the same issue as this guy getting but on my end nothing pops up...

evil_ryu

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
anyone else wants to chime in? i had a friend look at it and he said its weird and the IMEI might be bad?