Unlocked iPhone on T-mobile vs iPod Touch - which should I buy?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Would you rather have an iPhone, unlocked iPhone, iPod Touch or none

• I want/have an iPod touch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't want or have either devices

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 22, 2007
Hi everyone, newbie here. I've used a Motorola Q Windows Mobile smart device as my phone ever since the beginning of the year (yes, I'm a member of everythingq). The iPhone came out (with AT&T, too bad), and I thought, "Well, I'll wait until they've hacked it so I can use with another carrier." So, I was looking on eBay for a unlocked iPhone when I saw an iPod Touch. For over the last month I've been looking for differences, etc. Post your opinions.

Drtydzn12

Nov 4, 2007
Get an iPhone. iPod Touch is basically a "watered-down" version of the iPhone. Especially since the 16gb iPod touch and the iPhone are the same price. Also, you don't need to buy an unlocked iPhone for the extra price. Just unlock it yourself.

iPimp

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
Can't go wrong with the iPhone,I am still running 1.0.2 since unlocking it in september.

Best gadget / phone I have ever owned,needs some good solid updates to unlock some things but it's a good start.

smitty24

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Lakeland, FL
get an iPhone and unlock it. Thats what i did. Couldnt be easier...hopefully you can still get one with 1.1.1, some stores may be selling phones with the 1.1.2

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Being in Canada I thought the iPod Touch would be as close as I could get to an iPhone so I bought one.

I was left with "empty" feelings while using it......it just didn't feel complete. It also had the bad screen so I sent it back and decided to get an iPhone.

I got a friend living near Detroit to pickup one from an AT&T store and send it to me in Edmonton. 15 minutes after it was delivered, it was unlocked, jailbroken, and playing nice with my Rogers SIM.

GET THE iPhone! :)

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yes it will void your warranty which is totally stupid. i don't have mine unlocked but jailbroken which voids it to so when i had to go to Apple for something for it i just restored back to factory so they wouldn't say anything and would fix it. Then got home jailbroke the new one. Op just go with the iPhone you will regret it if you didn't

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I thought the same thing. However, I have no regrets just getting the phone. I chose to leave well enough alone and left it locked and have done no modifications. I have several people that are used to me selling off my devices so I can stay with the latest "gadget". They all want to buy the iPhone from me. I don't see it going anytime soon.