Unlocked iPhone purchase?

Aposey

Nov 12, 2007
I am thinking about purchasing an unlocked iPhone off of ebay. I am with AT&T but i still have the one of the old cingular sim cards. I heard that your bill goes up like $50 if you get an iPhone. I was wondering since I am not buying from AT&T and am gonna purchase an unlocked iPhone, will my bill go up any? I have unlimited texting mobile to mobile on my plan right now. Will that stay the same on an unlocked iPhone and not go up either? I also do not have internet or any media package and don't plan to get it. Also would i be able to just pop my sim card in and be ready to use the phone? any help is appreciated. thanks.

Aug 28, 2007
the defualt text pakage doesn't work with iPhone. i don't see why you would get a iPhone if your not going to use any of the internet features on it, you need to get a text pakage for the iPhone which includes the internet whether you like it or not, and thats 40 for unlimted texts

Aposey

Nov 12, 2007
i am not interested in the internet. just the phone and the mp3 player. how do people with tmobile use an unlocked iPhone then? their text plan i am sure does not go up on their bill so why would it on mine? it is not like AT&T would know that i am using an iPhone.

kinjalk

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
i am not interested in the internet. just the phone and the mp3 player. how do people with tmobile use an unlocked iPhone then? their text plan i am sure does not go up on their bill so why would it on mine? it is not like AT&T would know that i am using an iPhone.
I have tmobile and my plan didn't' go any higher. I have unlimited internet for $5.99 and iPhone has wifi so you don't have to worry about bill going up. I'm using it on tmobile and its working just fine. Also i have unlocked iPhones that i'm selling on ebay if you want it email me. Thank you