UNLOCKED iPhone stuck in emergency mode

dubz

Jun 20, 2009
hey this is my first topic on here anyway

My iPhone 2G which is unlocked and it frozen about 2 months ago and when i connected it to iTunes it didn't do anything. I gave it to my brother cos i got it off him and he did some stuff and got it to emergency mode and now i can't get it out and i'm bored with it now but i don't want to get a new iPhone cos its a lot of money.

Can someone help me. I don't know what to do and i don't want to brick it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Have you tried putting it in DFU mode and restoring it?

dubz

Jun 20, 2009
No. Would that brick it ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No, that will fix it. It's actually quite rare that a phone cannot be fixed by restoring it.

dubz

Jun 20, 2009
I don't have any backups for it because it was only half done after a week so i gave up. So it will go back to factory settings then.

Are you sure it wont brick it ?

cos i want to be 100% sure that it wont

dubz

Jun 20, 2009
Its just 2.0.1 software and i don't know what firmware it is and i can't find it out. Can someone tell me how to do it ? its been like it has been for 2 months and i can't update cos of my sim card even tho o2 have replaced it with a normal iPhone sim card

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
2.0.1 is the firmware ;) Set your phone to restore mode, power it off, unhook it from your computer, open iTunes, hold the home button, and plug it in to the USB Cable, iTunes will detect it in Restore mode, and you can restore from their. If that fails, search for how to set it to DFU mode and do it that way.

dubz

Jun 20, 2009
I'll take it off your hands if you give up. ;)
for £150 :)

I've tryed the DFU mode then restoring that doesn't work. What else can i try ?

Now my sim card can't connect to my network and i've been told that with a pay as you go sim card you need to go into settings but i can't.
Guys i really need help getting out of emergency mode. Shall i get take it to my nearest o2 shop and get it fixed ?