Once you submit your request and receive one of two emails from AT&T (a request order) you'll receive a second email a few days later with instructions on what you need to do to unlock it. The email will say something along these lines
1. Back up your phone (iCloud or computer via USB)
2. Plug your phone to your computer and open iTunes.
3. Restore your iPhone (you can restore to your backup or restore as new)
4. Once the phone is restored you should be greeted with (Congratulations on unlocking your iPhone)
5. Now you're done and you're phone will be unlock.
Yeah I was trying to buy it through discount from my employer but it requires a 2 year contract. I'll just log out and try to buy retail only. So you guys paid either 649,749, or 849 depending on the storage, and then got it unlocked? I can also purchase Applecare with this ?
I think the prices are 650, 16gb, 750 32gb ,850 64gb . and you should be able to purchase Apple care for 99 bucks. AT&T told me they are unlocking 3gs phones but i think if you pay full price they will unlock it also. You might not be able to get it done at a corporate store but should be able to call customer service to have it unlocked