Unlocked iPhone though AT&T

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
Can somebody advise me please? I was able to unlocked my iPhone though AT&T and now I'm trying to sell it. Can I advertise it as been factory unlocked? Thank you : )

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Can somebody advise me please? I was able to unlocked my iPhone though AT&T and now I'm trying to sell it. Can I advertise it as been factory unlocked? Thank you : )
Of course you can. I sold mine on Craigslist for $400 and I has advertised it as factory unlock.

Sep 1, 2007
Same here, can i also advertise that they can use it with tmobile or any sim card
gsm carrier after the factory unlock from att?! Thanks

XrayeyeS

Sep 14, 2012
The approval takes 5-7 days.. the unlock process takes a few minutes.
whats the process? I submitted for approval yesterday and received an email with a request number, but have not received an email stating it has been approved through att. Whats my next step?

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
You recommend reset the phone to new/wipe it clean before unlocking?
Once you submit your request and receive one of two emails from AT&T (a request order) you'll receive a second email a few days later with instructions on what you need to do to unlock it. The email will say something along these lines

1. Back up your phone (iCloud or computer via USB)

2. Plug your phone to your computer and open iTunes.

3. Restore your iPhone (you can restore to your backup or restore as new)

4. Once the phone is restored you should be greeted with (Congratulations on unlocking your iPhone)

5. Now you're done and you're phone will be unlock.

cheekymeeko

Bronze
Sep 6, 2012
Yeah I was trying to buy it through discount from my employer but it requires a 2 year contract. I'll just log out and try to buy retail only. So you guys paid either 649,749, or 849 depending on the storage, and then got it unlocked? I can also purchase Applecare with this ?

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I think the prices are 650, 16gb, 750 32gb ,850 64gb . and you should be able to purchase Apple care for 99 bucks. AT&T told me they are unlocking 3gs phones but i think if you pay full price they will unlock it also. You might not be able to get it done at a corporate store but should be able to call customer service to have it unlocked