Unlocked iPhone video

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

Looks like Geohot pulled it off. Entertaining video. We'll see what happens next week. Personally, I despise T-Mobile, so unlocking really doesn't make a difference to me. I'm sure there are more than a few people who think otherwise.;)

robtob

Jul 17, 2007

Looks like Geohot pulled it off. Entertaining video. We'll see what happens next week. Personally, I despise T-Mobile, so unlocking really doesn't make a difference to me. I'm sure there are more than a few people who think otherwise.;)

I call fake.

First, the T-Mobile icon can be easily reproduced using iFuntastic. Also, you can see that he has altered his home screen, so swapping out his carrier logo would be one step away.

Second, notice he digs into his pocket before he removes the sim card, then he tosses a second sim card down on the countertop out of the frame, suspicious?

Kipper

Bronze
I watched it several times to try and see if there was any sleigh of hand and I couldn't catch anything. W/o a doubt the carrier logo can be duped to anything u want but as far as him pulling out a TMO card maybe he had the TMO in his mouth? LOL! Whatever, next please!:cool:

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I just want to believe. I'm going to Europe next month and I would love to be able to buy a sim card there and show off with my iPhone ;-)