unlocked iPhone with tmobile

adokilla

Jan 13, 2008
Hello everyone, am new to all this and i have a problem
i just purchased a unlocked iPhone with ver 1.1.1
i currently have a motorola razor with tmobile and i want to put my sim card in the iPhone, what are the exectly steps needed to get my sim working with the iPhone ?

also i tried to put my sim from the razor to iPhone says searching and then just couple dots apear and thats it ? please any help thank you

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Hello everyone, am new to all this and i have a problem
i just purchased a unlocked iPhone with ver 1.1.1
i currently have a motorola razor with tmobile and i want to put my sim card in the iPhone, what are the exectly steps needed to get my sim working with the iPhone ?

also i tried to put my sim from the razor to iPhone says searching and then just couple dots apear and thats it ? please any help thank you
that's really weird.
do this
go to settings-->general-->about and tell me the baseband number

Also, when you go into settings, is there a carrier option?

adokilla

Jan 13, 2008
ok, baseband number: there is nothing saying about baseband ? and nothing about carrier.

this is all i way under about:
network
songs
videos photos
capacity
available
version
serial
model
wifi address
bluetooth
IMEI
ICCID
modem firmware
legal thats it.
how could you tell if the iPhone is really unlocked ? thx for all the help !

sorry before i go to General and about under Airplane mode and wi fi
it says carrier but when i go to carrier it says error and also just now i see thos are the signal bars but they are so small looks like dots i guess the signal is bad how could i fix that
that's really weird.
do this
go to settings-->general-->about and tell me the baseband number

Also, when you go into settings, is there a carrier option?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I think I know what happened.

But first I need :
modem firmware or whatever

Looks like 03.02_14g or 04.03_13G or something.

And the first five numbers of the serial number.

And then tell me - has it been jailbroken?

adokilla

Jan 13, 2008
modem firmware: 04.01.13_G
serial number:7T737
i don't know really anything about jailbroken
when i bought it from the person i just told me it is unlocked and ready to go and showed me all the apps and where do go if i need apps emulators and stuff like that
how can i check if it is jailbroken ? thx for the help.

I think I know what happened.

But first I need :
modem firmware or whatever

Looks like 03.02_14g or 04.03_13G or something.

And the first five numbers of the serial number.

And then tell me - has it been jailbroken?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Ok.

Go to installer.

Click the install tab at the bottom

Press all packages.

Scroll down until you find a program called anySIM.

If it isn't there, tell me.

adokilla

Jan 13, 2008
yes, i opened the anysim and went through all those steps first it said copying firmware please wait and then it says please restart your iPhone anysim cannot unlock this phone any sim will now quit please turn off your phone and turn it on again after any sim quits after that on the top left corner there is a small icon E after the signal meter thx a lot for the help

what should i do now ?
Have you wifi in or around your place of residence or wherever you're going to try and do this?

adokilla

Jan 13, 2008
i don't know what E stands for or that edge you where talking about after i restarted the iPhone the E from the left top corner disappeared but yes their is bars on the left corner but you hardly can see them and when i go to carrier it just displays error and returns to settings

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
i don't know what E stands for or that edge you where talking about after i restarted the iPhone the E from the left top corner disappeared but yes their is bars on the left corner but you hardly can see them and when i go to carrier it just displays error and returns to settings
Ok. Now go back to settings general about modem firmware.

If it is still 04.01.13 that's good.

Do you have a copy of the iPhone 1.1.1 ipsw file?

adokilla

Jan 13, 2008
hm well like i told you i bought the phone and the person told me it is unlocked just put in your sim and everything is good to go

now how do i do that virginize am a total noob here heheheh i really want to thank you for all your help

You might have to virginize.

He might have screwed it up..

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
ok.
Call him and tell him that its not working

If he tells you to bugger off

Pm me, and I'll do my utmost best to help you.
Because I think somthing that you need to do right now is a long and irritating process.

Consisting of running oktoprep---> upgrading to 1.1.2 ---> jailbreaking ---> anySIM 1.2.1u.

Again, though, try to contact him first.

If he says whatever, solve it yourself DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL you consult with someone else on the forum, someone like KNK or John, or whatever. If I'm on, message me and I'll help.
I cannot stress how important it is for you not to try and do the process yourself unless you know what to do, and you're good with computers.

adokilla

Jan 13, 2008
well i tried calling him and will try tomorrow i am a noob with all this if you could help me i have no problem even giving you something in the pocket
i don't know what to do? please if you can help me
thank you so much for assisting me i know how it is but you helped me a lot and plus i learned some stuff from you thx again i hope everything works out ok.

ok.
Call him and tell him that its not working

If he tells you to bugger off

Pm me, and I'll do my utmost best to help you.
Because I think somthing that you need to do right now is a long and irritating process.

Consisting of running oktoprep---> upgrading to 1.1.2 ---> jailbreaking ---> anySIM 1.2.1u.

Again, though, try to contact him first.

If he says whatever, solve it yourself DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL you consult with someone else on the forum, someone like KNK or John, or whatever. If I'm on, message me and I'll help.
I cannot stress how important it is for you not to try and do the process yourself unless you know what to do, and you're good with computers.