Unlocked iPhone..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

.Matt93

Sep 30, 2007
Question..

Hey everyone, I was just have a few questions to ask..

Would it be possible to use an unlocked iPhone here in Ireland with a Vodafone sim? Would it work? And also, I have read that update 1.1.1 has bricked all unlocked iPhones, but is there a way NOT to download this update?

If you can't stop the update, and you decide to downgrade after, is it possible to stop it updating itself again?

Any help is appreciated :laugh2:

alan_g

Sep 28, 2007
edinburgh scotland
Hey everyone, I was just have a few questions to ask..

Would it be possible to use an unlocked iPhone here in Ireland with a Vodafone sim? Would it work? And also, I have read that update 1.1.1 has bricked all unlocked iPhones, but is there a way NOT to download this update?

If you can't stop the update, and you decide to downgrade after, is it possible to stop it updating itself again?

Any help is appreciated :laugh2:
yes an unlocked phone will run with the vodafone sim, secondly don't update or you will brick it.
when you are asked to update just hit cancel...

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
iPhone itself will never prompt you to update, but iTunes on your computer will. Best to turn off any auto update checking in Edit -> Preferences. If you have to restore, disconnect from the internet and use the Shift or Option key when you hit the restore button.