Unlocked iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rinual

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
For those crying about an unlocked iPhone. For those who know nothing about cell phones let me give you a slight tech background

Att = GSM (aka uses a sim card)
T-Mobile = GSM

However,

Sprint and Verizon = CDMA (aka no sim card)

for those who need it spelt out,

unless you like t-mobile that much more than ATT, no one is really going to benefit that much from an unlocked phone....

unless someone can tell me a format to conver CDMA to GSM i don't understand how people could even want this change. because it seems that the only people that complain about ATT are verizon customers

anyways, please post your rants calling me an idiot below.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
IDIOT. jk you said to say that.

Unlocking is more for out of contry users at the moment I think. Tmobile is slow and clunky and would not really benifiet anyone in the US really.

rinual

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
however, arn't they coming out with foreign versions already? Just seems like a waste of time and money. but i guess i would have payed an extra 80$ to get the phone a few months in advance.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Plus, let's face it, NO ONE really likes their cell phone company.

About six years ago, I was so angry with Verizon that I darn near sued them. Then, because I married a woman with Verizon, I went back to them about two years ago, and when I found out that their service coverage was so bad that I couldn't even make a call from my living room, I left them forever. (Although I'll admit, if Apple had chosen Verizon, I would have gone back to them for the iPhone.)

I personally love AT&T/Cingular. I have had much, much better luck with them than I did with Verizon and really incredible service. But obviously there are many others who feel about as hostile toward AT&T as I do toward Verizon.

It's the nature of cell companies. They are the type of thing that people love to hate and no matter who Apple chose, people would complain.

Rumpelgeist