Unlocking an iPhone

Mar 25, 2008
Im wanting to get an iPhone and want to know wht its like to unlock it? Im in the UK here and its only available on O2...can i just buy it from Apple shop and unlock it straight away?

It says on the website that to use any feature of it, (even the ipod features) u have to activate it online?...

Whats that all about...

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje...ome/iPhone/faq

The Apple shop sell the 8 gig iPhone for 269 yet ppl on ebay selling it for more?...whts THAT all about!?

Johnny apple

Bronze
Mar 12, 2008
NYC
I don't know to much about unlocking the iPhone but I'm pretty sure u need to activate it first before jailbreaking...and the whole ebay thing some people are just dumb

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Dude, Apple are going to tell you all this because they want money from you and O2.

Get the phone, go to www.ziPhone.org, download the app, run it and unlock the phone. Takes no more than 5 minutes.

You don't need to activate anything in iTunes.

Im wanting to get an iPhone and want to know wht its like to unlock it? Im in the UK here and its only available on O2...can i just buy it from Apple shop and unlock it straight away?

It says on the website that to use any feature of it, (even the ipod features) u have to activate it online?...

Whats that all about...

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje...ome/iPhone/faq

The Apple shop sell the 8 gig iPhone for 269 yet ppl on ebay selling it for more?...whts THAT all about!?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
One of my friends is looking to do this... they have verizon I told them about ziPhone.org now would they need to add a new sim card or will the one that is installed in the iPhone will work just fine? I remember a while back seeing youtube videos on using a end of a paper clip to pop out the sim card... thanks

Mar 25, 2008
jesus

get that iPhone and I will unlock it for you over AIM.
I don't have AIM but thanks for the offer...i think i wud be ok i just wanted to clarify whether its possible to do so with the iPhone straight out of the box from Apple as they say it needs to be activated before you can even use the ipod features etc..Also the difference between unlocking and jail breaking? and finally once it is unlocked then what happens when updated software for the iPhone comes out?

Thanks in advance ppl

:cool: