unlocking iPhone 2g?

disbthai

Sep 19, 2007
hi everyone, my friend gave me his old iPhone 2g and I wanted to get it unlock. so far I downloaded below. I started winpwn 2.5 and started with the installation. Why is it asking for me to start iTunes and choose to activate my iPhone? (choose rate plan and pick data plan). What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any input.

winpwn 2.5
iPhone 1,1 2.0.2_5C1_retore.ipsw
BL-39
BL-49

disbthai

Sep 19, 2007
Thanks for your reponse but at this point:

This is where I have a problem with? do I have to activate my iPhone/sim card in ordered to view this and to continue? Thanks

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Okay, if you want to use Winpwn and stick with 2.0.1, follow this guide. Nowhere in those steps do you need to activate your iPhone within iTunes. Start over from scratch, or if you've already built your custom IPSW file, you should put the iPhone into DFU mode to be select the custom IPSW and install it.

disbthai

Sep 19, 2007
Okay, if you want to use Winpwn and stick with 2.0.1, follow this guide. Nowhere in those steps do you need to activate your iPhone within iTunes. Start over from scratch, or if you've already built your custom IPSW file, you should put the iPhone into DFU mode to be select the custom IPSW and install it.
Thank you so much. I got it unlocked.