Unlocking iPhone from overseas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
I am currently in Kuwait and would like to unlock my iPhone. Of course my phone does not work over here currently. My question is, is it possible to unlock it without being on the AT&T network. Currently my phone is only being used as an Ipod and an address book since my service does not work over here. I would like to take my sim card from Kuwait and stick it in the phone and use it. All the threads I have read say I need to log on through Safari to unlock the phone after I down load the program.

Is there anyone who can give me step by step instructions on doing this while the phone is not currently on any network?

Also will the new iTunes update render our phones useless once we unlock them?

Thank you in advance!

Gary

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I am currently in Kuwait and would like to unlock my iPhone. Of course my phone does not work over here currently. My question is, is it possible to unlock it without being on the AT&T network. Currently my phone is only being used as an Ipod and an address book since my service does not work over here. I would like to take my sim card from Kuwait and stick it in the phone and use it. All the threads I have read say I need to log on through Safari to unlock the phone after I down load the program.

Is there anyone who can give me step by step instructions on doing this while the phone is not currently on any network?

Also will the new iTunes update render our phones useless once we unlock them?

Thank you in advance!

Gary
I can help, are u using Windows or Mac OS X?

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
Found Ibrickr and am having trouble with minicom please help

Ok, I have found everything to do and all has worked except this last step. Can someone please help?

Here is the step I am at and it wont work, I keep getting "error" after i hit enter. I followed the procedures for fixing this (exiting and using bbupdater-v again and going back in to minicom but it just wont recognize these commands).

AT+CLCK=\"PN\",0,\"00000000\"

AT+CLCK=\"PN\",2

What am I doing wrong? Or is he procedure wrong, (both commands were copied and pasted directly from the directions I have.