Unlocking iPhone nearly possible?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Hi everyone i've read a post in www.iPhonebeep.com there is a possibility that iPhone can be unlock without register. Anyone knows how? How much it will cost or does it will effect the warranty? :(

Link http://www.iPhonebeep.com/iPhone/iPhone_news/unlock_the_iphone_quite_possible_really.html

I've heard it can be unlocked. However all you get is a expensive i-pod.

No phone, no web via edge.

I would think it would void your warrantee just like the modding of Razor phones which has become more and more common over the past few years.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY

GuyFawkes

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Even after they do get it unlocked where are you going to go with it? Your choices are Tmobile or AT&T as far as the phone goes in the US. So unless Tmobile does something for you better than AT&T there really isn't a great benefit to us here in the US. It would appear to be quite helpful for those that have more GSM choices in Europe.

GuyFawkes

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Even after they do get it unlocked where are you going to go with it?
Well, you never know what someone wants with it ;)

For example, I want an activated phone just for developing iPhone web apps. All I need is WiFi and the browser working.

I don't need or want the actual cell service, especially since it's nearly non-existent in the hills where I live... only Verizon phones work here!

GuyFawkes

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I think the hack they announced a couple of days ago will get you an unlocked iPhone with no phone service. So I think as far as that goes you should be able to do that now. So please feel free to hack away! I can hardly wait for the phone to be opened up for file transfers, setting our own ringtones, access to the terminal, SSH, and a host of other great things. If we can get some developers building a VOIP client for the phone then maybe a phone provider isn't needed! :laugh2:

For those that are wanting the phone unlocked from AT&T though are probably hoping for something that doesn't buy them much due to the limited GSM offerings here. I am with you on Verizon offering better coverage. That is why I am keeping my old number on Verizon's network for those occasions when AT&T doesn't cover.

GuyFawkes

gmemon

Jul 7, 2007
I really want SSH to work. But since 3rd party apps arent allowed it will be some sort of browser hack, which doesn't support java :(

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
First of, Activation Bypass and Unlocking are two different things.

Bypassing Activation will give you and iPhone iPod with no Cell service (Hackers want this)

There is an understanding how the unlocking works and has been done.

There is also a working serial interface and working on the Radio.

All of this is under testing by a group of people and no use for the General Public and only used by Scammers to get your money.

Like Chris says, all post related to unlocking should be locked.

Give it Time, its only been a week.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I always bring this up when the subject of unlocking comes up. I personally would like to unlock my iPhone so that I can use it when I travel in China for businesss. I don't want to pay ATT's 35 cents/min for international service. I just want to pop my China Mobile chip in my iPhone and make normal calls. I don't even care if I can't get email and visual voicemail when I'm there. I just don't want to have to carry TWO phones in China!

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
i saw this page where you can supposedly unlock your iPhone im not really sure cause i haven't get mine but i will get it in like in 6 days so in the link below you only put your email and your imei
good luck
http://www.iPhoneunlocking.com/
iPhoneunlocking.com is spying on a group that is working on unlocking the iPhone and will take there work or someone elses to make a profit. I can tell you I would not pay nor trust anyone to unlock my phone. When unlocking software is available for the general public it will be free, but watch out for the fake ones and virus ones.

bmwlover0725

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
well I've had a ton of experience hacking all different motorolla phones, this is different, but it will be nice when we have the option of saying "mine works with other sims"... beside that, its no big deal. I am looking forward to it though

Jun 23, 2007
i got my iPhone i want to unlock it

i finally get one it fkin cool but i live in mexico so i want to unlock it i sent and email to the iPhoneonlocking page and i sent my imei but no answer i have no other choice that to wait\wish me good luck or if you know how can i unlock it please tell me

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
i finally get one it fkin cool but i live in mexico so i want to unlock it i sent and email to the iPhoneonlocking page and i sent my imei but no answer i have no other choice that to wait\wish me good luck or if you know how can i unlock it please tell me
no luck bro. There still up to it. I don't trust that site too much. Good luck . I heard there selling it in Dominican republic.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
good luck. It won't take too long to get it unlocked, but you probably won't get the VVM feature to work. I think everything else will probably be okay though.