Unlocking iPhone that was Previously Unlocked

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
Hello, I unlocked my friend's iPhone so that he could use T-Mobile on it. This was at version 1.0.2.

He now said that he either restored or upgraded firmware, he isn't too sure. So firstly, how could I find the firmware version, if the phone is stuck on the "Activate iPhone" screen.

Secondly, if he upgraded to 1.1.2 will I still be able to unlock it?

Because of school I have not checked back on these forums for a while now, so I'm a little out of the loop.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
Ok actually my friend is fairly sure it has the 1.0.2 firmware. Is there a way to upgrade it to 1.1.1 and then unlock it?

Or should I just unlock it with firmware 1.0.2, your help is appreciated

Thanks, Brad

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
Well pretty much talking to myself here, but I will post in hopes that someone will save the day!

Anyways my friends phone was at 1.0.2 firmware. He had previously unlocked it using the old method. He accidentally restored it to default so that it was at the "Activate iPhone"

I then used iTunes to install firmware 1.1.1 and followed the instructions for the 1.1.1 unlock as I had done previously. I than installed AnySim 1.1 using installer, and it said it was unlocked successfuly, however unfortunately the T-Mobile sim card in it did not work, and the pop up came up saying that the phone had an incorrect sim. Anyone have any clue what I need to do?