Unlocking V2.0.1 fails - why?

tonybro

Aug 13, 2008
UK
OK guys,

UK Spec 1st Gen iPhone activated on O2 with V2.0.1 s/w, Windows Vista PC (Ultimate 32bit), usb direct connection (i.e. not through a hub), WinPwn V2.0.0.4, iPhone V2.0.1 original ipsw file (1.1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore) downloaded from Apple.

Using the instructions, printed out and followed to the letter so no custom logos, no Cydia, just Installer 2.0 and You Tube Fix. On Advanced tab, selected Activate, Enable Baseband Update, Neuter Bootloader and Unlock Baseband.

ipsw Builder completes and I pwn iTunes and get confirmation.

On putting the iPhone into DFU mode, iTunes asks to restore, I press SHIFT+Restore to select the custom ipsw and off we go but after about 5 mins I get a failure Unexpected Error (6). The notes indicate this is due to custom logos but I am not using any.

Restoring with the original 2.0.1 ipsw works fine.

What am I doing wrong or not doing?

Thanks,

tonybro

Aug 13, 2008
UK
No takers? I would have thought someone may have offered up some advice.... :-(

My son's replacement MacBook Pro has arrived this morning (typing this reply on it now!)

I will try via the Mac route to see if that cures the issues....

If anyone has any ideas, I'm still open to suggections, my wife's phone needs updating to V2.0.1 too but needs to remain unlocked and Jailbroken hence mine's the guinea pig!

tonybro

Aug 13, 2008
UK
All done via the MacBook Pro! :)

I know to do the other one this route too now....

Regards,

oren1

Jul 21, 2008
Are you sure you're in DFU mode?
Error 6 means you're in recovery mode, not DFU.
(If you see the iTunes logo on the iPhone - you're in recovery)

Hope it helps

tonybro

Aug 13, 2008
UK
Thanks oren1,

It definitely started in DFU but part of the process then changes it and the Apple logo was appearing. I then assume I made the mistake of carrying on trying to restore with the iPhone in restore mode! :roll:

All sorted now but I will be aiming to do my wife's 1st gen device this weekend! Let the fun continue! :)

tonybro

Aug 13, 2008
UK
so did u suceeded?
Yes all done but did it on my son's MacBook Pro. Then did a QuickPWN under Windows (Vista) when I went to V2.0.2 to jailbreak and activate.

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
which version of iTunes did u used? as from the forums it seems that iTunes 7.7.1 does not support DFU mode

tonybro

Aug 13, 2008
UK
which version of iTunes did u used? as from the forums it seems that iTunes 7.7.1 does not support DFU mode
Both my Vista PC and the MacBook Pro are using iTunes V7.7.1.11 and the Mac version happily accepted DFU mode to PWN it and the PC version also accepted it when I ran QuickPWN.

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I just use winpwn 2.5. They made it newbie friendly and it was easy to understand and use.

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
even i upgraded my iPhone and its working fine just a bit slow sometimes one thing i donr understand is now my iPhone memory is only 6.58 GB where the rest of went i have no idea i guess its in the partition size as i has made the partition size to 800 mb well any suggestion regardig this?

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
even i upgraded my iPhone and its working fine just a bit slow sometimes one thing i donr understand is now my iPhone memory is only 6.58 GB where the rest of went i have no idea i guess its in the partition size as i has made the partition size to 800 mb well any suggestion regardig this?

If it's slow, then you screwed up somewhere. I had that problem when I first tried to JB my phone. I just restored it and then tried JB again, after the restore. Second time worked better, it was fast and now slow like the first time.

tonybro

Aug 13, 2008
UK
For one I don't think you need the partition size anything like 800MB - 512 should be ample.

I've not expeienced any slow downs on either my iPhone nor my wife's.

Nov 21, 2007
do anybody know how to unlock v1 iPhone on 2.0.2

can it be unlocked? v1 iPhone on 2.0.2

Decibel9M3

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I have the original Edge iPhone. I've used the Pwnge tool before. I upgraded to the v2.1 software and then attempted to use the Pwnge tool. No matter what I do, it tells I don't have the correct Bootloader file. It is asking for "Bootloader v3.9". I've tried downloading from multiple mirrors, BL-39.bin and BL-46, and I haven't had any luck. The only firmware option I have is "iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw. I'm assuming this is the correct firmware.

Am I am missing something?

tonybro

Aug 13, 2008
UK
I have the original Edge iPhone. I've used the Pwnge tool before. I upgraded to the v2.1 software and then attempted to use the Pwnge tool. No matter what I do, it tells I don't have the correct Bootloader file. It is asking for "Bootloader v3.9". I've tried downloading from multiple mirrors, BL-39.bin and BL-46, and I haven't had any luck. The only firmware option I have is "iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw. I'm assuming this is the correct firmware.

Am I am missing something?
You have the correct ipsw file. I used the latest pwnage tool as I already had the Bootloader files still on the MacBook from last time it didn't ask for them - it just used them. I'm all done (did mine and my wife's first gen devices).

My bootloader files are just in a Bootloader folder where my pwnage files are....