Unlockings Sounds?

hammer

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Is there a way to have your jailbroke iPhone play a custom sound once you unlock it(slide to unlock)? If so, can somebody give me some help on how to do it? Thanks.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Is there a way to have your jailbroke iPhone play a custom sound once you unlock it(slide to unlock)? If so, can somebody give me some help on how to do it? Thanks.
You have to SSH into the device and navigate to this location:

/System/Library/Audio/UISounds

Take your sound file that you want to use for the unlocking sound. It must be a .caf file. I've taken a .wav file and simply renamed it to .caf and that works.

Anyway, name your new file: unlock.caf and copy it to the above location, overwriting the file with the same name. Hint: I would copy off the original file, just in case (to your PC).

This works for other sound events, too, like new mail notification, new voicemail, sms messages received, mail sent, etc.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Or you can got to the Themes(Sounds) section in Cydia.
There are all kinds of sound files, just download.
Then activate in WinterBoard.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
how can you make your own battery themes? then ill upload to big boss or mod my i

hammer

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
I'm having the hardest time doing this. I've renamed the file and placed it in the correct folder but it doesn't play. Is there an extra step I'm missing?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
The file you are using probably just isn't formatted correctly (just changing a flie extension to .caf doesn't work all the time). I've run into this issue a number of times.

Download this program (it's free).

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

Use it to convert your audio file to .aiff. Then just change the file manually to .caf. It's worked 100% of the time since I've started using it.

Oct 14, 2008
Try a program called "ToneFX" for iPhone.

http://www.efksoft.com/products/tonefxsforiPhone/index.htm

Best $8 bucks I've spent on this phone. (could probably find it cracjked as well, but...)

Tiny, simple lil program that allows you to customize any sound on your phone.
And you download a free prog for your computer, that converts any wav, mp3, etc. into the right format and sends it right over to exactly where it needs to go via the cable.

(screw all dat SSH/WIFI/searching through folders crap!)

It'll even cycle all your custom made ringtones as well, and there's another program you can buy on their website for creating custom ringtones to send to your phone via the above mentioned program. It edits and formats them and sends them over as well.

The only thing is you need to have a jailbroken phone.

I got custom sounds on my lock/unlock, sms, battery sound, ringtones, mail... any system sound or ringtone that I want!

You send it to your phone in 2 clicks...
one to find the sound you want, the other to format it and send it over to where it needs to go.

Then just open ToneFX on your phone, go to the item you want like SMS tone, and just pick one that you sent over via your USB cable.

It's pretty cool!