Unprotecting AAC songs?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Hey guys, I searched and didn't find anything about this. Sorry if I missed it.
I recently bought an album from the wifi store, it loads into iTunes as a protected AAC file. I tried everything I could think of and couldnt figure out how to convert it to MP3. When I try to iTunes tells me it cant because it is a protected file. Any ways to get around this?

Thanks

CKnova79

Jul 10, 2007
Hey guys, I searched and didn't find anything about this. Sorry if I missed it.
I recently bought an album from the wifi store, it loads into iTunes as a protected AAC file. I tried everything I could think of and couldnt figure out how to convert it to MP3. When I try to iTunes tells me it cant because it is a protected file. Any ways to get around this?

Thanks
Burn the AAC to a cd, then put the cd in the computer and open with iTunes. Then convert the songs on the cd to MP3..

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Burn the AAC to a cd, then put the cd in the computer and open with iTunes. Then convert the songs on the cd to MP3..
I didn't even think of trying that. Good call. Ill give that a try tonight. Thanks CK.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
I didn't even think of trying that. Good call. Ill give that a try tonight. Thanks CK.
Or if you don't want to take all that time, google a program called note burner.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Link? I'd like to convert all of mine, but there's WAY too many to burn them all.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Pfft. Windows only.