Unread posts

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'm not sure if this already exists. As it is currently, you are shown all threads that have new posts since you last visited. Is it possible to only have the threads shown with new posts that you want to track? I know that you can subscribe to threads in the unread posts section, but you still get all threads with new posts. Maybe this is a feature request.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I believe this is handled through the Alerts feature. Any notifications of responses to replied threads where you subscribe should notify you there?

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I believe this is handled through the Alerts feature. Any notifications of responses to replied threads where you subscribe should notify you there?
Alerts does notify you if there are any new posts on threads you subscribe. But on the eiC app, when you click on "Unread", what you see are any new threads even if you are not subscribed to the thread. So I wanted to know if there was a way to just subscribe to threads that you want to receive notifications instead of having to receive new replies to threads that you may not be interested in when you click on "Unread".

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
When you limit yourself to only threads your interested in, you miss out on learning information that may be of value to you down the road. And the off topic threads can be entertaining. I don't have an iPad. But I read threads pertaining to them because I may get one some day.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
If you read new posts since last visit it also has 'Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages.'

Is that what you're looking for?
Is that in the app or the web forum? If I had to guess, most of the people that visit don't use the official app. From my experience using both, the web forum is full featured and the iPhone version is still trying to catch up.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
When you limit yourself to only threads your interested in, you miss out on learning information that may be of value to you down the road. And the off topic threads can be entertaining. I don't have an iPad. But I read threads pertaining to them because I may get one some day.
I agree with you, but sometimes you are not interested in off topic threads and would like to get information about a specific issue that you are having or a particular update. I've read threads too that are not of value but are entertaining.