Unreleased iOS 8.4 beta 1 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Hannah_Ivonne, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Hannah_Ivonne

Hannah_Ivonne New Member

There's a Youtube video uploaded by Steffan Esser (i0n1c) showing an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4 beta 1 jailbroken. I'm not sure he'll release his work to public. But the latest iOS version is stands possible jailbreak.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Post moved to the jailbreak forum.
    All we can go by is his history. He's well known to troll the other hackers, whine and not release any of the jailbreaks he has made. There is a ton of work to be done after the initial jailbreak to make it ready for the public. He has never done any of that work. He made an untether years ago, but has fallen out with the rest of the jailbreak community since due to his attitude. Lately, he just likes to show off the basic jailbreaks and then disappear. It's much more likely that Chinese will release one.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I sure hope a jailbreak is released for iOS 8.4 as I am reading that Apple is going to go all out with security to not make it possible to jailbreak iOS 9.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Stop posting inaccurate information. Nobody who knows anything at all about software thinks it will be impossible. It will just be more difficult. Apple has made it more difficut every year and the jailbreak developers have still found a way. I'm not saying there will be an iOS 9 jailbreak for sure, I am just saying the "Rootless" feature definitely will not make it impossible for jailbreak developers to hack.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Edit to my post, possibly not make it possible is what it should say. I realize they make it more difficult each year, and ways are still found thanks to the developers. As they say, time will tell. I wish Apple at some point would realize that jailbreaking offers things that can be possibly utilized in the software itself, but that won't happen. Apple is MEAN!

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Wrong again. It's not even possible that they are making it impossible. All software is in some way vulnerable.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Ok, I am going to stop then before digging a hole. Patches are made quickly, at least after iOS 8.1.2. Time will tell. :)

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Dude. Really? Go home, you're drunk.

image.jpg

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Never drank in my life bro, and now I won't due to medical reasons.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't think you understand why Apple tries to thwart jailbreaking. It's not that they are "mean." They lose money through app piracy, jailbreaking can result in decreased battery life and stability, and it can make the device less secure. Obviously, if you know what you are doing, you can mimimize these risks by researching compatability, avoiding battery draining apps and changing the default root password and avoiding afc2add.

They already realize that a lot of jailbreaking tweaks are useful in iOS. They have implemented some of them every year. WiFi Sync, Control Center, in-app texting, Notification Center and many others were ideas that were first utilized through jailbreaking.

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I see. I was not aware of what they implemented through jailbreaking. I suppose the one thing I wish they would allow in the main software is theming.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Incidentally, the last three kernel exploits didn't even use root. The last public jailbreak to use a root exploit was evasi0n7, back in the winter of 2013.

When Apple implemented ASLR in iOS 4.3, it didn't stop anyone. Hackers are going to be drooling over this new challenge.

Source.

13. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I haven't been here in months. This thread is a comedy act. Thanks for the laughs.

Btw, I'm waiting for a JB. I want to restore to activate my unlock but won't do it without an active jb avail.