Unresponsive portion of screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Well I had been "working around" this problem for awhile, but I guess its time to get it fixed. The uppermost portion of the screen where the signal, carrier logo, and the battery level sit in that black area on the top, is unresponsive. That means that the back button does not work when using safari tipped to the side. It also means that I have problems using the Q, A, shift and the keyboard switcher button. I have reset and restored and nothing helps.

Any tips or suggestions on how to go about getting this fixed? I bought it at an AT&T store so I don't know whether I should take it back there, take it to an Apple store, or just mail it in myself.

Jun 26, 2007
take it to an Apple or att store
pick your poison... jk
it should be easy to fix and shouldnt cost you anything because its under the warranty

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well I had been "working around" this problem for awhile, but I guess its time to get it fixed. The uppermost portion of the screen where the signal, carrier logo, and the battery level sit in that black area on the top, is unresponsive. That means that the back button does not work when using safari tipped to the side. It also means that I have problems using the Q, A, shift and the keyboard switcher button. I have reset and restored and nothing helps.

Any tips or suggestions on how to go about getting this fixed? I bought it at an AT&T store so I don't know whether I should take it back there, take it to an Apple store, or just mail it in myself.

Good Luck!