Unsent email help

Cart2579

Aug 15, 2008
So I sent an email to the wrong person and caught it from going through by turning on the airplane mode and having wifi off. And the message is unsent. Unfortunately, its from a yahoo account. Is there a way to prevent this from going through. I know as soon as I connect to a internet connection it will probably go through. Everytime I check the folder is asked to connect to wifi or turn airplane mode off. Can I just unhook the router from the net and let it try and connect without a connection. Do these messages come up in an outbox folder or some sort? Its not showing up anywhere except, at the bottom as an unsent message.

Any help would be great.........thanks.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
try logging on via pc/laptop and go under your account to see if you can delete it that way. That's if yahoo mail sync with the iPhone. Meaning what you delete on the iPhone yahoo account, it'll do the same as well when u log on to a pc.

Cart2579

Aug 15, 2008
Thanks. But if I loggin in to the account on the computer.....do I run the chance of it going through then? It was a picture email....I erased the picture from the iPhone album, would that make a difference.

Yes it is an account that sync's with the web-based and I have managed th account from both locations. What folder might it be under if I logged in on the computer?

Thanks again!

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
If you get the message when you try to open the Mail.app just click "OK" navigate to the Outbox folder and delete it.

Have you tried that?

Cart2579

Aug 15, 2008
Wasn't able to stop the message. As soon as it connected the email was sent. I just had to send a follow up message.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Wasn't able to stop the message. As soon as it connected the email was sent. I just had to send a follow up message.
Too late now, but you might have been able to change the account password through your computer (or on the phone) such that when the phone tried to connect to the server to send, the credentials would cause a fail. Oh, well.