unsent emails

drtooth

Jan 12, 2009
my phone says that I have 2 unsent emails. They were sent. How can I get rid of these emails.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I use comcast POP account and MobileMe.
And you can't see these unsent mails?..I think it has something to do with your settings! - The SMTP server (outgoing post) is that one the correct?

EX: You can have 2 (or more) mail accounts, and these sometimes use different SMTP server for sending mails.

drtooth

Jan 12, 2009
Yes I use smtp as out going server and I have had problems in the past in sending emails until I changed some port settings. Maybe I should uninstall this mail account and reinstall?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yes I use smtp as out going server and I have had problems in the past in sending emails until I changed some port settings. Maybe I should uninstall this mail account and reinstall?
That could release your problem! - I'm sure these mails will be sent when the settings is correct!

Personally I use my Gmail (Google..) account because I can use anywhere.

drtooth

Jan 12, 2009
I guess I should have clarified where the "unsent email" notice comes up. It comes up at the bottom of the screen in the gray box after I get connected. I do not have an "outbox" that shows unsent emails.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
These mails just hanging there - you'll have to look up the SMTP settings where you're sending from -> outgoing mail server. Go check your providers website for these settings and go trough them on your iPhone account.