Unstable 1.1.1 update and jailbreakme.com

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fossill

Jul 22, 2007
So for preface, I am an AT&T subscriber, had a jailbroken 8gig, but have never "unlocked" it as I am on AT&T. So I updated to 1.1.1 from iTunes, restarted the phone, synced everything, left most of my music and video off of it, went to jailbreakme.com on wifi, it did it's jailbreak and install of appsnapp, took me to the slider.

Installed BSD, and some other random stuff, but now, most of my apps, are pretty damn unstable. Like even Safari and SMS.

Could it be a botched install or something? It's pretty bad, it seems to almost have a memory leak of some sort.

I am not digging the whole ringtone problem 1.1.1 is having along with the COMPLETE lack of stability. We were on 1.0, and we had crashing in safari, went to 1.02, crashing went away, never had a crash, and I went to 1.1.1 two weeks later thinking some bugs would be worked out, and I have had the thing crash on me.... oh I'd say 15 times already.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mario

fossill

Jul 22, 2007
Back to 1.0.2

Well I decided after a full reinstall of 1.1.1, and restore of stuff, reading around, and I was STILL as unstable as brittany spears on meth, I decided to go back to 1.0.2 and lo and behold, no crashes... Been using it for hours and still as stable as I remember it. I figured 1.1.1 would offer some refined software and usage, but nope, all it offered was crashing and a feature with the iTunes store I will NEVER use.

Thanks!
Mario

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Well I decided after a full reinstall of 1.1.1, and restore of stuff, reading around, and I was STILL as unstable as brittany spears on meth, I decided to go back to 1.0.2 and lo and behold, no crashes... Been using it for hours and still as stable as I remember it. I figured 1.1.1 would offer some refined software and usage, but nope, all it offered was crashing and a feature with the iTunes store I will NEVER use.

Thanks!
Mario
Many who have upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 don't have any issues after jailbreaking and some do. I am glad I upgraded because I rather enjoy iTunes Music store.

So much so that I double tapped a little too quickly and bought some BS album that wasn't any good. :oops: (my password wasn't asked for because I had just entered it for a previous purchase.)