unstable after 1.1.1 jailbreak

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
i jaulbroke my phone using the tiff exploit at jailbreakme.com. now my phone seems to be really unstable. apps crash randomly, just weird things. anyone else having this problem? i know the "customize" app is unstable but i have gotten it to work somewhat. could this be the culprit for general instability? has been very stable with 1.1.1 until the jail break.

Teejo

Oct 24, 2007
I used the one click method in tinmans thread and have had no stability issues since jailbreaking on 1.1.1. I have avoided customize due to the consistent reports of instability so it is possible that is the source of your problem.

T-

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I used the one click method in tinmans thread and have had no stability issues since jailbreaking on 1.1.1. I have avoided customize due to the consistent reports of instability so it is possible that is the source of your problem.

T-
I agree, avoid Customize until a future update.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
My phone hasn't been unstable, using the one click method, even with using customize.

Oct 31, 2007
I have the Installer 3 installed (through jailbreakme.com). Installer, Summerboard, Apple Apps, & NES work perfectly fine. However most of the third party software installed through Installer installs well however when I load them, they load for about 2 seconds before crashing and bringing me back to home screen.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I have the Installer 3 installed (through jailbreakme.com). Installer, Summerboard, Apple Apps, & NES work perfectly fine. However most of the third party software installed through Installer installs well however when I load them, they load for about 2 seconds before crashing and bringing me back to home screen.

Anyone else seen this problem?

u got the BSD Subsystem installed on your phone, also what firmware are you running?

Webryder86

Oct 31, 2007

u got the BSD Subsystem installed on your phone, also what firmware are you running?
Don't have the BSD Subsystem on there yet, was planning to in order to load the ROMs on my NES app tho...The phone is upgraded to the latest firmware 1.1.1, and Installer is 3.0.

Any clues?

Should I install the BSD Subsystem, I just assumed it would crash like everything else installed through Installer