Unsure about restore

May 18, 2008
I have v1 iPhone on 1.1.4 jailbroken ,But i want to restore to factory settings,
But when i connect to iTunes version 7.5 and try to restore it pops up a box saying auto updates disabled etc do you want to check etc but it only gives me the option to check or cancel. Now am i right in thinking if i press check my phone will be bricked , If so how do i restore as when bought. Any help much appreciated :)

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
you won't brick it unless you're unlocked... If not then you can download the firmware you need to your desk top and then hit restore in iTunes while holding down the shift key. This will allow you to navigate to your firmware of choice. I don't have that link but use the search option here and you shouldn't have any problems locating your firmware of choice.
Running that old firmware and old tunes version shows that you are quite behind the times. Wake up and stay up. The longer you wait the harder it will be to locate the info you want.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Here's the 1.1.4 FW. Just download it and follow OJ's instructions.

May 18, 2008
you won't brick it unless you're unlocked... If not then you can download the firmware you need to your desk top and then hit restore in iTunes while holding down the shift key. This will allow you to navigate to your firmware of choice. I don't have that link but use the search option here and you shouldn't have any problems locating your firmware of choice.
Running that old firmware and old tunes version shows that you are quite behind the times. Wake up and stay up. The longer you wait the harder it will be to locate the info you want.

Thanks for reply mate, I take it unlocked refers to any sim and jailbroken is the use of the installer :) . I will give it a go