Unusual Name Contraction

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 3, 2007
I have taken to using FastMail as my e-mail provider (FastMail offers free basic IMAP accounts or for a few bucks a month, IMAP accounts with some cool features). Using IMAP allows the iPhone to synch all of its folders to the mail server (POP3 does not do this). So now when I mark an e-mail read on my PC it shows up as read on my iPhone.

In any case, I set up a FastMail mail account in OutLook using my full name in the "Your Name" field ("Howard J. Silverman MD JD") When I send an e-mail from my PC and then view it in the iPhones Sent folder my name is in the "From" field is contracted to "Howard MD JD"

Does anyone know why this happening and better yet, how to work around?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I have taken to using FastMail as my e-mail provider (FastMail offers free basic IMAP accounts or for a few bucks a month, IMAP accounts with some cool features). Using IMAP allows the iPhone to synch all of its folders to the mail server (POP3 does not do this). So now when I mark an e-mail read on my PC it shows up as read on my iPhone.

In any case, I set up a FastMail mail account in OutLook using my full name in the "Your Name" field ("Howard J. Silverman MD JD") When I send an e-mail from my PC and then view it in the iPhones Sent folder my name is in the "From" field is contracted to "Howard MD JD"

Does anyone know why this happening and better yet, how to work around?
Yahoo Push IMAP is now available for free to all iPhone users. Just thought I'd let you know. Also, rearrange your name in the different fields (i.e., First name last, last name first and etc.) until you have it the way you want it...M