Unwanted Networks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brdmsd, May 24, 2012.

1. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

How do I delete or eliminate unwanted networks from my Settings. My iPhone sometimes links to an unsecured network in my neighborhood rather than to my network. I often don't recognize this until attempting to use an app that the other network will no access.When I go into Settings there are numerous other networks listed but I don't know how to delete them from my list.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I assume you mean wifi networks. You click the arrow to the right of the network, then press "Forget this Network".

3. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

"Networks" as in cellphone network or WiFi networks?

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

If it is a network that you have "subscribed" to you need to go to settings, click on wifi, find the network that you are connected to and don't want to be anymore (indicated by checkmark on left side next to name of network) click the blue arrow on the right hand side. In the top of the screen click forget network and confirm. This will prevent your phone from automatically connecting that network.

5. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

Is there anyway to remove the other networks(wi-fi) from being listed?

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You can click the arrow for each of the networks, and click "Forget this Network". That should get rid of them. Also make sure you have "Ask to Join Networks" ON, personal preference if you'd like.

7. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

I can only get the "Forget Network" option if the network is unsecured. Additionally, even when I choose forget network and confirm, the network in question remains on my list along with all the other local secured networks. My question, is there a way to remove these unused networks from my list. I have this occur whether "choose available networks" is on or off.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Not really, no. They stay there. "Forget Network" just means your iPhone will not try to connect to it.

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I think that if you reset network settings it will clear out all of the wifi networks.

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I just did that. It clears the passwords you've entered for said networks.

11. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

All networks that broadcast their SSID will appear on that list, it does not mean you are connected to that. Provided you HAVE NOT CONNECTED to those unsecured networks, your phone should not automatically connect to them. Sadly, as those wifi networks broadcast their SSID, you will see them no matter what.