Unwanted Networks

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
How do I delete or eliminate unwanted networks from my Settings. My iPhone sometimes links to an unsecured network in my neighborhood rather than to my network. I often don't recognize this until attempting to use an app that the other network will no access.When I go into Settings there are numerous other networks listed but I don't know how to delete them from my list.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
If it is a network that you have "subscribed" to you need to go to settings, click on wifi, find the network that you are connected to and don't want to be anymore (indicated by checkmark on left side next to name of network) click the blue arrow on the right hand side. In the top of the screen click forget network and confirm. This will prevent your phone from automatically connecting that network.

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I can only get the "Forget Network" option if the network is unsecured. Additionally, even when I choose forget network and confirm, the network in question remains on my list along with all the other local secured networks. My question, is there a way to remove these unused networks from my list. I have this occur whether "choose available networks" is on or off.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I can only get the "Forget Network" option if the network is unsecured. Additionally, even when I choose forget network and confirm, the network in question remains on my list along with all the other local secured networks. My question, is there a way to remove these unused networks from my list. I have this occur whether "choose available networks" is on or off.
Not really, no. They stay there. "Forget Network" just means your iPhone will not try to connect to it.

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
All networks that broadcast their SSID will appear on that list, it does not mean you are connected to that. Provided you HAVE NOT CONNECTED to those unsecured networks, your phone should not automatically connect to them. Sadly, as those wifi networks broadcast their SSID, you will see them no matter what.