Unzip using terminal?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spyvoy

Nov 24, 2007
I have some .zip files on my iPhone and i would like to unzip them . How could i be able to achieve this using the terminal app. Wut code do i have to input?.....

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I could be wrong but I don't think unzip or gunzip are part of the package. can't see why it couldn't be porter though. tried googling?

spyvoy

Nov 24, 2007
Funny story, I actually wanted the same thing. I'm hoping the developer of MobileFinder will add it in a future update.
I no rite. Well I managed to extract them using some unzip command utility I downloaded, but wut I need now is being able to specify the directory I want them to go to; because they spread all over the /var/root directory.....

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I no rite. Well I managed to extract them using some unzip command utility I downloaded, but wut I need now is being able to specify the directory I want them to go to; because they spread all over the /var/root directory.....
If your using a command line utility you should be able to create a directory to expand them into (mkdir) and then when you unzip give that location as the destination (unzip XXXXX.zip /var/root/<directoryname>.