Up The Volume

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tpt

Nov 27, 2007
Anybody know if it possible to increase the volume range on the phone. Its probably "normal" on the phone now, but I am 3/4 deaf. It would be helpful to increase it a bit.
Tom

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Anybody know if it possible to increase the volume range on the phone. Its probably "normal" on the phone now, but I am 3/4 deaf. It would be helpful to increase it a bit.
Tom
If you're not on version 1.1.2 and can upgrade - do so. It's a bit louder than the older versions.

Also it is possible to download system sounds and alerts and rings from the phone when Jailbroken - these can have their levels increased and re-uploaded. This makes quite a difference.

As for the call volume I've not seen a solution for this, but I'm sure someone here will know if there is one

Hope this helps.

Brill

tpt

Nov 27, 2007
If you're not on version 1.1.2 and can upgrade - do so. It's a bit louder than the older versions.

Also it is possible to download system sounds and alerts and rings from the phone when Jailbroken - these can have their levels increased and re-uploaded. This makes quite a difference.

As for the call volume I've not seen a solution for this, but I'm sure someone here will know if there is one

Hope this helps.

Brill
Would you explain "jailbroken" for me please.
Tom

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Would you explain "jailbroken" for me please.
Tom
Jailbreaking is the term used to describe the process of gaining access to the phone's operating system. The real beauty of the iPhone is that it is really a cut-down Mac computer inside, and so it's capable of being modified, extended and personalised in a way other mobiles can't.

Naturally Apple on a corporate level would prefer people didn't modify phone software as they're worried about product liability so they 'lock' the phone up. Fortunately Apple left a couple of bugs in the system that allow us to gain what's called 'root' access - basically have access to the system and the ability to do anything when in there.

The current bug that is being used has been fixed now in the latest phones but it is still possible to do by downgrading the operating system if you have a new phone. It's a bit of a faff but it's widely done.

HTH