Up-to-Date Program

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Anyone get approved for the MLion Up-to-Date Program for those who purchased new macs with plain old Lion? I applied as soon ask it was permitted this morning and have not heard back....

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
Yeah I haven't heard back yet either but I've heard in other forums that it's "up to 72 hours" for approval.

It woulda been cool if they just shipped an authorization code with the new machines. I look at this way though, we get to wait a bit and learn from everybody else.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Agreed. Just received my code this morning. Interesting how they did it.
Your code worked fine for a ML download? Could you elaborate on your comment that it's "interesting how they did it", if you don't mind my asking?

I have been reading that Apple erroneously sent codes for a ML Server "Edition" download. This up-to-date program hasn't been as smooth as Apple and consumers alike would have liked. I didn't qualify for the program, but I'm just curious as to the extent of the issue of the ML Server "Edition" codes being sent out. It would seem that those who got a Server code instead of the core OS code would benefit, since they are receiving the Server component of ML for free. Assuming they would even care for it, of course!

My curiosity for the Server Component is ongoing. I wouldn't mind being able to host my own website on my Mac, as that is one of the Server components that would interest me the most.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Rafael,

Yes, my code worked fine. The 'interesting' part was that the code came via two emails. The first was a password protected .pdf without the password (naturally). The second, with the password. Upon entering the password into the file prompt, you got access to the code. You then apply the code in the 'Redeem' portal.

About the Server edition, yes, I believe that is true, but I also read that yielded pretty much nothing to those who received it.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Rafael,

Yes, my code worked fine. The 'interesting' part was that the code came via two emails. The first was a password protected .pdf without the password (naturally). The second, with the password. Upon entering the password into the file prompt, you got access to the code. You then apply the code in the 'Redeem' portal.

About the Server edition, yes, I believe that is true, but I also read that yielded pretty much nothing to those who received it.
Thanks for sharing. How do you like Mountain Lion so far?

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

rcns

Jul 18, 2012
Nova Scotia
I applied immediately and have not received a code. It has been more than 72 hours. Apple says that I have been approved and seems stuck on telling me "72 hours" even though we are past that point. I'm half tempted to spend the $20 just to get the update.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I applied immediately and have not received a code. It has been more than 72 hours. Apple says that I have been approved and seems stuck on telling me "72 hours" even though we are past that point. I'm half tempted to spend the $20 just to get the update.
I almost did too. But then, not sure I would now that I have ML on my system. Not worth rushing it for $20 when you are entitled to the free upgrade.