Up to the minute info on Steve's WWDC Keynote?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
We are all waiting with bated breath for Steve Job's keynote address at 10 this morning PDT. Some of us would like to receive that info live if possible. What are the best ways to receive the keynote info ASAP? Are there ways to get it in audio or video? I'm working so I can't read the minutes while it's going on. I'd have to listen to it and listen to the stream later on when it's available.

I know of http://www.macrumorslive.com/ But I think that's going to be photo's and text descriptions.

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/07/wwdc-2007-spoiler-free-keynote-stream/ will email you when the video stream is available.

So, what websites are good for getting this info live? And for those of us who aren't working; are there websites that will have some live discussion, up to the minute blogs, or other forms of information regarding the keynote?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
We are all waiting with bated breath for Steve Job's keynote address at 10 this morning PDT. Some of us would like to receive that info live if possible. What are the best ways to receive the keynote info ASAP? Are there ways to get it in audio or video? I'm working so I can't read the minutes while it's going on. I'd have to listen to it and listen to the stream later on when it's available.

I know of http://www.macrumorslive.com/ But I think that's going to be photo's and text descriptions.

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/07/wwdc-2007-spoiler-free-keynote-stream/ will email you when the video stream is available.

So, what websites are good for getting this info live? And for those of us who aren't working; are there websites that will have some live discussion, up to the minute blogs, or other forms of information regarding the keynote?
I don't know how long it will last before it crashes the servers, but this guy is offering a live audio stream.

iPhonealley.com

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
If you're not at the keynote, the closest you're going to get is text transcription. I'd recommend MacRumorsLive. Their coverage in the past has been excellent; they update roughly every minute.

Sorry to say, those dudes at iPhoneAlley are going to get slammed or the quality will be just so bad that it's not even worth listening. MacRumors wouldn't be doing a live text translation if they had enough bandwidth just to bring an audio stream.

Back in the "darker" days of Apple, they used to broadcast the keynote live; I guess they realized they couldn't keep up with the demand either.

I really don't think Jobs will mention much regarding the iPhone, other than saying "SDK available in leopard kits; iPhone ships June 29. watch this space..."

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If you're not at the keynote, the closest you're going to get is text transcription. I'd recommend MacRumorsLive. Their coverage in the past has been excellent; they update roughly every minute.

Sorry to say, those dudes at iPhoneAlley are going to get slammed or the quality will be just so bad that it's not even worth listening. MacRumors wouldn't be doing a live text translation if they had enough bandwidth just to bring an audio stream.

Back in the "darker" days of Apple, they used to broadcast the keynote live; I guess they realized they couldn't keep up with the demand either.

I really don't think Jobs will mention much regarding the iPhone, other than saying "SDK available in leopard kits; iPhone ships June 29. watch this space..."
I've got the iPhoneAlley.com stream running right now, but I don't know how long it will last. Nothing but music yet, but things should start at 1:00 Eastern.

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
I am sitting on the iPhonealley server right now listening to the music leading up to the live keynote address....

is there anyone specific who will be posting updates here on EIP? Anybody know if Chris is going to? Should we start a thread on it? Just wondering...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I am sitting on the iPhonealley server right now listening to the music leading up to the live keynote address....

is there anyone specific who will be posting updates here on EIP? Anybody know if Chris is going to? Should we start a thread on it? Just wondering...
Good idea. Why don't you post one?