Upcoming changes to your unlimited data plan

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by luislahud, Jan 16, 2017.

1. luislahud

luislahud Member
    Bronze

Got this email today
    Dear Luis,

We'd like to share an upcoming change regarding your data plan. Beginning March 2017, we'll be increasing the price of your unlimited data plan for each of the lines listed above by $5 per month.

You can remain on your unlimited data plan or consider one of our Mobile Share AdvantageSM plans1 that could offer great savings with unlimited talk & text and shareable data with no overages.2

If you choose to cancel your unlimited data plan and you're under a two-year service contract, we'll waive your early termination fee.3 Just cancel your unlimited data plan line(s) within 60 days after the price increase first appears on your bill. Cancellations made after that time will be subject to the usual early termination fee.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Not surprised. This was widely reported on earlier by many tech sites.

I posted about it here: http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/verizon%E2%80%99s-device-upgrade-fee-raised-to-30-on-top-of-the-40-activation-fee.110431/#post-1110855

You’re using a plan that was discontinued many years ago. It is no longer in AT&T’s best interest for you to remain on this plan, hence the disincentives.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Verizon now offers a new unlimited data plan. Starts today 2/13/17. I just switched. No upfront costs, and my bill remains the same for 4 lines.

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

What's the catch?

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

None. By bill went down by $6. Not for everyone though. $10 less if you start auto pay. They have new leadership and want to be more competitive. I have 4 lines.

6. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

What is their definition of unlimited? Any throttling? upper limit? I suspect so.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Not really. If there's tower congestion, it might be prioritized after 22gb. But that won't happen often. And you would never notice anything. But no throttling or upper limit. Verizon has new leadership at the top. Plus they're losing customers to the competition.