upcoming user?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Well this my first post, but i plan on being as active as possible (im just a big forum guy). Anyway, im a pretty big mac guy. I have a mac and have convinced 2 of my friends and my sister and brother to get macs. I don't know everything about them, but i like to think i do.

Anyway, i had verizon service (still do) but my birthday is coming up and i've told my parents i want to start a cingular plan and get the iPhone, something i have wanted since it came out. Problem is, like an idiot i renewed my contract for my verizon (getting the new motorole q, which was terrible). So i may just take my brothers number, whose contract ends this november..

Is it worth changing my number? Im only 17, so its not a big deal to switch numbers now...

I have read a ton of reviews and watched videos to make sure it is truly what i want and it seems to be. But i figured i would ask some specific questions that haven't been answered.

Do the updates really fix the bugs people have had (like safari closing randomly)?

Lets say i was going to get it tomorrow, is that a bad decision since leopard is coming out? Does leopard mean changes for the iPhone?

I tested the keyboard out and i actually type pretty fast with it, but as i would assume with experience do you get to a point where its almost an unconscious thing typing?

I don't have wi-fi in my house, is the Internet when i can't access wi-fi going to want to make my throw it out the window?

Is the AT&T service as bad as i hear it is? (AT&T<Verizon?)

Anythink that you have found in your experience that you love or want to say as a warning to me? Its an investment 400 dollars plus the AT&T plan, so i am just doing all the research.

Thanks to anyone responds, i appreciate it.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
You've asked questions that would have answers that are highly subjective and some which are clearly matters of personal choice, such as....nobody here can tell you if it's worth changing your number.

There have only been two updates and both addressed bugs. It is suspected that a new update will come out with the release of Lepard but nobody but Apple knows for sure.

Most users quickly become comfortable with the keyboard, some do not.

EDEGE speed and AT&T service is highly dependent on where you are. Ask 10 people and you're likely to get a 50/50 split.

As for me, I have had my phone since the day they were released and I am 100% satisfied.

Good luck!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
You've asked questions that would have answers that are highly subjective and some which are clearly matters of personal choice, such as....nobody here can tell you if it's worth changing your number.

There have only been two updates and both addressed bugs. It is suspected that a new update will come out with the release of Lepard but nobody but Apple knows for sure.

Most users quickly become comfortable with the keyboard, some do not.

EDEGE speed and AT&T service is highly dependent on where you are. Ask 10 people and you're likely to get a 50/50 split.

As for me, I have had my phone since the day they were released and I am 100% satisfied.

Good luck!
thank you, i understand the answers to some of the questions are subjective...the point i was going for was that i would get a variety of responses and then each response can be weighed against the other. Thanks for you input, i do greatly appreciate it.