Update 1.0.2 - are you updating?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I've modded my iPhone to the point where it's doing exactly what I have always expected it to do. I love it even more now as a result of the modding in fact.

So my problem is these new Terms of Service with regards to modifying the installer packages in order to evoke a jailbroken phone. I'm not exactly sure to what I'm agreeing to, and if that includes some sort of penalty that completely invalidates my phone. Could they be that evil?

I don't want to lose my mods, I can wait out this current update, but we'll hit a point where it's foolish not to.

What are your plans, or have you already updated? Did you remod, or are you taking the safe-route for now?

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I have yet to update from 1.0.

in case anyone is curious, if you have not updated to 1.01, it still just says the new update is 1.01.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
I haven't modded my iPhone (probably won't till my warranty is up) so I had no reason not to update my iPhone.

While others enjoy the new stuff on their modded iPhones, I'm going to sit and wait for Apple to bring out some offical updates. I perfer stability and not voiding my warranty over being able to play duck hunt.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Honestly, what's really bothering me about remodding is the fact that Apple has finally addressed it in their Terms of Service.

In other words, I'm afraid 1.0.2 is our one get out of jail card now that Apple has identified the loophole.

Now that's the rational part of my brain, but the defiant part is asking

"If Apple is so bent on discouraging you from Modding, why wasn't Jailbreak disabled yet? They can remove the hooks if they want, but haven't, it's a sign..."

Arrrgh... I'm so vexed.

To make matters worse, I've modded my sisters phone too, and she's completely new to computers and had to be explained how to Authorize her computer for iTunes transfers. Now I've got to explain how to restore her phone and not to freak out.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Apple cant tell you have modded a phone after a full restore....how could they? and its always been known that modding would void the warranty how could it not?

there hasn't been 1 iPhone brick where a restore couldnt fix it. ive had zero problems.

chris07

Jun 30, 2007
Apple cant tell you have modded a phone after a full restore....how could they? and its always been known that modding would void the warranty how could it not?

there hasn't been 1 iPhone brick where a restore couldnt fix it. ive had zero problems.

yeah wat mark said plus it isn't voiding sh*t u have a problem with your phone u restore it then u return it. easy as that

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
iPhoneinterface not working

i updated to 1.0.2. the update makes you restore the phone so i lost all my custom ringtones. now when i open iPhoneinterface to add ringtones it closes straight away. can anyone tell me how i can add ringtones again. i am using windows vista. Thanks

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Honestly, what's really bothering me about remodding is the fact that Apple has finally addressed it in their Terms of Service.

In other words, I'm afraid 1.0.2 is our one get out of jail card now that Apple has identified the loophole.

Now that's the rational part of my brain, but the defiant part is asking

"If Apple is so bent on discouraging you from Modding, why wasn't Jailbreak disabled yet? They can remove the hooks if they want, but haven't, it's a sign..."

Arrrgh... I'm so vexed.

To make matters worse, I've modded my sisters phone too, and she's completely new to computers and had to be explained how to Authorize her computer for iTunes transfers. Now I've got to explain how to restore her phone and not to freak out.
Get out of my head! :laugh2:

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
But then we will hack the update.

Not even worried.

And to the question of am I updating to 1.0.2 at the moment?

F no. I think it's time these guys start announcing what exactly is being done. Even NES has a changelog, and it's a hack. Shame.