Update 1.01 summarized in one post...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
The official thread is over 40 pages and includes a lot of rumors and false information mixed in with truth. I personally read all 40 pages and here is what I've come up with from what I've read:

-Timeout for passcode can now be up to an hour.
-In mail settings you can now BCC yourself instead of CC.
-Speakerphone is louder (possibly).
-Safari/iPod crashes are now minimal.
-Safari is now secure.
-Battery indicator is more precise.
-Checking/sending email is faster.
-More compatibility with external audio devices.
-Favorites limit increased from 20 to 50.
-VPN passwords are now stored in memory.

I will edit this list as I learn more.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
When adding a new wifi connection, you now only have WEP as a choice, instead of WEP/WEP hex or w/e it was.

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
i don't know about you guys but after the update my speaker and earpiece is lower than ever...my os is much slower...and safari s crashes more than before..:(

does anybody else have this issue?

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Battery def keeps better track of usage. My battery usage meters never worked right. Now they work perfect. Every morning the bar is full and the meters reset. No more gap and no more 3 hours of usage and stand by after it was on the charger all nigth.

alexster

Jul 15, 2007
one thing i really needed that was in this software update was getting rid of that annoying "error sending message" error i always got while txting in a low signal... now the sending process just freezes until the signal is good (before it would fail and i'd have to press send over again like 7 times till it sent it)

...and my timeout for passcode only goes up to 5 minutes with this software update.. not one hour

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
-Speakerphone is louder. Mine is the same.
-Safari/iPod crashes are now minimal. I've proved this isn't true with testing.
-Checking/sending email is faster. I've not noticed a difference.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I do not notice much change on mine. I think this update was only for certain bugs (security) and not much for the other (volume, etc.). That will probably come in a month or 2 (speculation) because those are bigger bugs to fix and I am sure they are working on it to get it right.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
WiFi has definitely improved.

Without a doubt there have been fixes to WiFi.

For example, before the update there was no way I could use my router without overriding the router-obtained DNS IP addresses with my ISP's DNS IPs (or any public DNS server IP).

After the update I no longer need to override DNS. It works with the router-supplied DNS IPs just fine.

I had another AP that wouldn't work right with my iPhone no matter what I did (would not auto-connect, dropped the connection at will, etc.). I am going to fire that up again to see if it now works with the iPhone properly. Will report on what I find out...

--
Mike

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Not really about this thread. But no matter how many times I see your pic. I think their is a bug on my screen.... I do like it though..:laugh2:

I was responding as someone asked for confirmation from another poster that the update did NOT change any volume issues.

Edit - I'm an idiot... I just got what you were saying. YOU were off topic, not me. LOL.

rittchard

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007

I was responding as someone asked for confirmation from another poster that the update did NOT change any volume issues.

Edit - I'm an idiot... I just got what you were saying. YOU were off topic, not me. LOL.
I was *this* close to swatting my LCD screen on that bug lol.

- - -

Back OT, still haven't done a second test run on the battery indicator, keeping my fingers crossed it was "fixed." I haven't noticed any change in volume either, btw.