update 1.1.1 gonna be Thursday?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
...just curious. I'm very interested to see what goodies- or lack there of- will be in this update. I thought that Apple only did updates on Tuesdays, and that one guy saying it would be Thursday, so since i didn't see a thread about the new software, i suspect that it will be released tomorrow

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
...just curious. I'm very interested to see what goodies- or lack there of- will be in this update. I thought that Apple only did updates on Tuesdays, and that one guy saying it would be Thursday, so since i didn't see a thread about the new software, i suspect that it will be released tomorrow
Or firday. SJ said by the end of the month. As for updates, I think they have done the phone twice on a tuesday, but other Apple products don't seem to be tied to a day. Perhaps they will with the phone, but I would doubt that.

brianlamar

Bronze
Aug 6, 2007
Its either going to be today, tomorrow or friday

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
who knows .. Apple told mosberg of the WSJ that flash was coming, so it'll show up eventually. i doubt they'd lie to the highest profile tech critic in the businesss.
I don't doubt it but would love to read it. Do you know when it was published or was it a blog or something? This is one of my main complaints about the "experience" we get when we use web-lite.

Edit*
http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/07/05/wsj.on.iPhone.flash/
Was the best I could find from 2 months ago....

edmartin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Its either going to be today, tomorrow or friday
If I had to bet, it would be Thursday. Apple is on-record about "later this month" for the wireless iTunes store. So, they have to do it this week to meet that goal. And nobody wants to release new code on a Friday (or over the weekend) because you're going into a weekend and support is typically less on weekends. Of course, logic need not apply to any of this (Dennis Miller translation: "that's just my opinion and I could be wrong").

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
not to kill everyone's hope, but 1.1.1 is already out (not in the U.S. yet) and flash isn't in this next build. It would have been all over the boards and Internet by now. 1.1.1 features are listed on macrumors (have to go back to the 5th). Other than the double space = . And the double click home button, there really isn't a lot to expect. Hopefully i am wrong though... If I am not, then it isn't worth upgrading and losing my mods...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
not to kill everyone's hope, but 1.1.1 is already out (not in the U.S. yet) and flash isn't in this next build. It would have been all over the boards and Internet by now. 1.1.1 features are listed on macrumors (have to go back to the 5th). Other than the double space = . And the double click home button, there really isn't a lot to expect. Hopefully i am wrong though... If I am not, then it isn't worth upgrading and losing my mods...
Jeez man! Way to make friends!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Jeez man! Way to make friends!
I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers... I'm just saying that I don't expect a whole lot out of this update. That doesn't mean that I'm not checking the forums and other sites intermittently to see if the update has become available yet... But this will my first update that I gauge first and see what other people say about it before I dive in head first.

Like I said, not trying to ruffle feathers, but I don't think things like flash and c & p will be in this update...