Update 1.1.1 & GoPhone PrePaid Service?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

eswank

Sep 2, 2007
I was just wondering if anyone out there has recently purchased and iPhone and still went with AT&T's PrePaid GoPhone Service? I was wondering if using the SSN of all 9's was still working? I'm planning to buy one in two weeks but I don't want to sign they're 2 year contract.

Please let me know if you've been successful with this. Thanks!

piloting

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I was just wondering if anyone out there has recently purchased and iPhone and still went with AT&T's PrePaid GoPhone Service? I was wondering if using the SSN of all 9's was still working? I'm planning to buy one in two weeks but I don't want to sign they're 2 year contract.

Please let me know if you've been successful with this. Thanks!
I would like to know also. Is there any way to avtivate the iPhone with the ATT prepaid. Also, what is mean byt SSN with all 9's. Do we need to put in the SSN for the prepaid services. I never did one before. Could someone clarify the process.

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
from what I've read before, you are only able to get the prepaid option if you fail the credit check. I believe that Apple closed the loophole where people where putting just nines in.

jbone108

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I have been trying to do this all weekend and have gotten know where using all 9's as a SSI#. I was able today to talk to a ATT employee that knew what she was doing and she set it up so that I could do Prepaid account. You just need to keep calling and telling them that you don't have a SSI#. I talked to no less then 20 people at ATT over the last 3 days all were nice but most of them had no clue how to handle the problem.