Update 1.1.2 Tomorrow

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
The excitement and anticipation of this update seems incredibly muted compared to the last couple. And that's with it being arguably the first one to offer anything really useful that doesn't make Apple money. Fool me once...

I finally modded after the last update and I won't even be thinking about installing this one.

OniKoroshi

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
What exactly does disk use mode entail? Just being able to use it as a portable HDD but still not being able to access your mp3's?

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
"The excitement and anticipation of this update seems incredibly muted compared to the last couple."

I agree. I even find myself not being too excited. I'm more excited about what new phones other companies will be offering in the new year.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Well, personally, I think we've all become a little jaded as far as the updates go. If "disk use mode" means file management, I'll be thrilled as that's right up there with Flash as far as my needs go. Seems like we've all adopted a see it when we believe it attitude...

With file management, I'm gonna want lots more memory!

ChaosAttractor

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Ditto. Native File Management, if that's the case, would be a huge reason to upgrade.

Voice Memos also a plus.

Personally I would like to guard my phone against the tiff exploit even if it means losing the jailbreak option in the short term.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I wonder if we'll be able to downgrade new iPhones firmware from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and then use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak/unlock it...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I'll update - I've been wanting disk use for a while.
Really? I'm surprised that would be enough for you to unmod. I know that you've had some difficulty, but were finally able to mod and seemed pleased.

IMO - I won't be updating b/c to me, I just don't see anything worthwhile. It'll be months before we see anything of use.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Sorry but I've had disk mode since the dawn of time...

There is a 3rd party called iPhoneDrive which has worked on all firmwares so far (no delay from SW release to it working). So it does not give you access to the OS areas but the rest of the disk is available. OK so it cost a few dollars but updates have been free - Apple adds this when some basic phone stuff, GPS for Google maps (available on Blackberry so no technical issues) and stereo bluetooth support are still MIA - what's the use of an iPod with bluetooth and no stereo profile? If they added these then....

iversonjai

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
i'll update when the iPhone can transfer songs and pictures the way you can with ipod...
transfering music to the iPhone is a ***** especially when you have over 8gb of music...
right now disc usage is cool...but not enough to convince me...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hey MacManPro what is disk mode? thanks
Disk mode allows you to use your iPhone as a hard drive, copying stuff from and onto it, just like any (USB) HD - for instance, your can put some folders from your home computer on it and transfer them directly to your work computer. Until now, only 3rd party apps have been able to do that. iPhoneDrive has been a cheap, easy and foolproof way to do that for the Mac since July.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I just hope this update fixes some bugs/glitches. Its really annoying me. And it seems like I'm the only one getting seriously annoyed by this. Are you all just learning to live it? Cause I'm slowly starting to. Effing bugs. theyre so frequent and in your face too i reckon.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I just hope this update fixes some bugs/glitches. Its really annoying me. And it seems like I'm the only one getting seriously annoyed by this. Are you all just learning to live it? Cause I'm slowly starting to. Effing bugs. theyre so frequent and in your face too i reckon.
Exactly what "bugs/glitches" are you experiencing?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
So far the only thing I have seen with the 1.1.2 update is that if you have to restore, passwords (mail and WiFI) and camera roll pics are SAVED.