update 6.1.3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mfrashuer

Oct 6, 2012
does anyone know if it is ok to update to 6.1.3 on my iPhone 5 from iTunes with the evasion jailbreak? I already jail broke my phone and iTunes asked me to update my device.

Sent using iCafe app

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Do not update to 6.1.3 if you want to keep your jailbreak! Once you go to 6.1.3 there's no going back!

Edit: The "no going back" part of this statement applies to the iPhone 4S and 5. Apparently the 4 and 3GS can still be restored to older firmware versions if the device has the corresponding SHSH blobs saved.

AdamDaieh

Bronze
Jan 17, 2013
California
Do not update to 6.1.3 if you want to keep your jailbreak! Once you go to 6.1.3 there's no going back!

Edit: The "no going back" part of this statement applies to the iPhone 4S and 5. Apparently the 4 and 3GS can still be restored to older firmware versions if the device has the corresponding SHSH blobs saved.
Will this also apply in ipod 4th gen?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Apologies, I don't know about iPod Touch and iPad. I think the 4th gen Touch is running an A4 chip, and thus susceptible to restoring with saved blobs, but I'm not sure.
That is correct. The 4th gen iPod Touch has an A4 processor and the firmware can be downgraded with an SHSH.

AdamDaieh

Bronze
Jan 17, 2013
California
Apologies, I don't know about iPod Touch and iPad. I think the 4th gen Touch is running an A4 chip, and thus susceptible to restoring with saved blobs, but I'm not sure.
Thanks for this, I accidentally updated my old ipod touch to 6.1.3. Hopefully I can downgrade it and jailbreak it again.