Update Apps Drains Battery

RLK

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Indialantic, FL
This morning I recorded my usage so I could track drainage. Then, on the 3g phone, I updated an app. That was the only activity I had with the phone. Later, I again checked the usage and it was up by 2 hours. I turned the phone off/on and now the usage again looks normal.

Does this happen to anyone else?

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
This morning I recorded my usage so I could track drainage. Then, on the 3g phone, I updated an app. That was the only activity I had with the phone. Later, I again checked the usage and it was up by 2 hours. I turned the phone off/on and now the usage again looks normal.

Does this happen to anyone else?
There are a few discussions about this topic in this and the software forum. Look for discussions about battery problems. I had this issue where my usage meter grew while the phone was asleep and my battery drained. I had the phone replced by Apple, but I think it is a problem with 2.1

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
My thought would be that the App Store is not releasing the connection. If you open the apps store and then immediately close it, chances are, if there is an update, it will still notify you. It might be possible that for whatever reason, the app store was either working over a bad connection, and kept retrying, or there was a problem with the protocol to release the connection when the store is closed.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I've noticed this as well. So what the best thing to do...force quit the app store when done?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That's not a bad idea.

Someone in the jailbreak community needs to whip up a task manager...