Update apptapp please!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'm hoping an apptapp update will pop up in the installer within the next few days. I'm sure they'll figure something out eventually.

iphoneyouphone

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I feel your pain. everytime i unlock my phone to use it im like, "oh, gross I forgot i did this." Now we must wait, but I have all the faith in the world we will be up and running with installer in no time.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
i'm hoping an apptapp update will pop up in the installer within the next few days. I'm sure they'll figure something out eventually.
So the Installer app is still there after you updated? But it doesn't work?

I haven't updated. Are the new features with the update any good? Worth updating?

Casetay

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
No it gets rid of the icon and everything...turns it back to stock. I am waiting to update because what I have read about the update I don't really care right now. I'm waiting for Installer to update because I can't live through my political economy class without my NES haha

dnesto01

Aug 23, 2007
Has anyone actually tried to install apptap after the update and know for sure that it does not work anymore?
Thanks for the help.

So the Installer app is still there after you updated? But it doesn't work?

I haven't updated. Are the new features with the update any good? Worth updating?

TW1ZTD

Sep 11, 2007
For me everything is gone. The phone went back to completely stock. I tried reinstalling installer.app agian and when it asked which firmware I picked 1.0.2 and it just freezes the phone in recover mode. So hopefully within the next couple of days they will update apptapp to work with the new firmware.

iphoneyouphone

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, both just freeze the iPhone in recovery mode and cause you to have to restore your iPhone. Ive tried installing AppTapp 3 times...

it needs to be updates to the 1.1.1 firmware...

soon it will be !

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
Yeah I would really like an update to apptapp as well, but it seems like they have locked down the iPhone pretty hard this time :( People are saying it is like the touch in terms of locking.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Has the iPod Touch been hacked yet? Did they just now lock down the iPhone as solidly as the iPod Touch?

I won't be updating until I hear good news about installing 3rd party apps. I mean, maybe if they gave us Flash, MMS, AIM, etc., but not for this measily update.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
give the iPhone dev team a break, will ya. the update just came out today. asking them to hurry up is like a homeless person turning down a dollar and asking for twenty. i want an update too but i'm waiting on the firmware upgrade until the dev team has had a chance to breath in between firmware changes.

(hopefully no homeless people were injured in the making of this comment.)

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Has the iPod Touch been hacked yet? Did they just now lock down the iPhone as solidly as the iPod Touch?

I won't be updating until I hear good news about installing 3rd party apps. I mean, maybe if they gave us Flash, MMS, AIM, etc., but not for this measily update.
Well, its been a real drama to say the least. Some guy found a Touch with a broken screen on craigslist. He dumped what was on the motherboard to his secure site and offered what was there to the community at large.

This raised the spirits of the team that has been making baby step progress compared to how they fared with the iPhone. So much so that one post actually said we could be just days away once the code from this dump was acquired.

Now going back to the guy who dumped the mobo code, well him and his ISP got served papers by Apple and his site was taken down before anyone could get to the code.

Thats where I left off, I haven't had my chance to make the rounds and find out the latest gossip on this unfolding story yet.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
give the iPhone dev team a break, will ya. the update just came out today. asking them to hurry up is like a homeless person turning down a dollar and asking for twenty. i want an update too but i'm waiting on the firmware upgrade until the dev team has had a chance to breath in between firmware changes.

(hopefully no homeless people were injured in the making of this comment.)
Look, I know everyone wants to play "I'm on the developer's side, you guys have no idea what it takes....." but nobody here is saying "OMG Dev teamz shuld have AppTapp working and 1.1.1 h4xed by now lulz" Ok and most people aren't saying "hurry up" in the sense of "they are taking to long". What everyone that updated is saying is that they miss 3rd party stuff so badly and they cant get it back. In a way, its a compliment to the dev team's by saying how much of an improvement their work is to the iPhone.

[EDIT] oh and I just read back through this whole thread and there is not one single post that even remotely says anything about the dev team needing to hurry up. Don't make up things man.

/end first annoying post here :(

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Yeah, nobody is saying hurry up. I am not mad at null river, I am mad at myself.

The iPhone is so much better when it is modded.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Look, I know everyone wants to play "I'm on the developer's side, you guys have no idea what it takes....." but nobody here is saying "OMG Dev teamz shuld have AppTapp working and 1.1.1 h4xed by now lulz" Ok and most people aren't saying "hurry up" in the sense of "they are taking to long". What everyone that updated is saying is that they miss 3rd party stuff so badly and they cant get it back. In a way, its a compliment to the dev team's by saying how much of an improvement their work is to the iPhone.

[EDIT] oh and I just read back through this whole thread and there is not one single post that even remotely says anything about the dev team needing to hurry up. Don't make up things man.

/end first annoying post here :(

ok, well maybe my mistake, but it sounded A LOT like the thread starter and others were already getting impatient and it hadn't even been a full day yet.

and no offense intended - MAN - but anyone on here knew the risks of updating to the new firmware. they were told to sit tight numerous times. if they chose to upgrade, then they WILL just have to miss their old mods until something is worked out.

btw, not trying to start a fight. just didn't care for the tone of your rebuttal. i'm a contributor here, not an attacker.

" /end first annoying post here"

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
You know, it would not bother me so much if I was never able to re-install the apps I previously had installed before the update; if I felt Apple was doing this for the improvement of the iPhone and had plans to provide us with lots of great apps themselves. But to just add a program so you can spend more money with Apple at the iTunes Store and provide no other really significant improvements? IMO that's just greedy. I was expecting much more from Apple. In fact my previous iPod and iPhone experiences had almost turned me into a real Apple supporter and I was actually thinking about dumping my current PC for an iMac. But not anymore.