Update for SBsettings

there is an update in cydia for sbsettings... so far i see they added a toggle for brightness... and you can manage the themes for the sbsettings in the application as well...it comes with a default theme, hud theme, and tech shadows theme... they are working on a toggle for the dock applications as well

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The brightness toggle will be well used by me.

That is, should I ever get my phone to work again. :mad:

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
An addition of a location services toggle would make this app perfect for me.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
^^ It's a way for Apple to disable an App on all phones with the flick of a switch. They say it's in case something malicious gets into the App Store some how.

What exactly does todays update do? I see the "dock" button is no longer crossed out but when I click it a blank box comes sliding out.

*Edit* Ok I figured out that you can set up a dock in SBsettings itself. You can choose a few apps to appear in SBsettings dock rather than on the springboard. I guess it's a good way to free up some space for those apps that aren't used a lot but have an icon on the springboard.

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
Yeah I like the new update.

The brightness is nice to have and look forward to the dock.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
Am I wrong but now you can close the sbs window with the home button! very nice :)

(were we able to that before?)

PartisanEntity

Bronze
Oct 1, 2008
Austria
www.cognitivecombine.com
last night I used the brightness toggle to turn down the brightness all the way. I then left it at that setting, turned off the screen and went to bed. In the morning I noticed that the backlight was off and it would not turn on again until I raised the brightness using the settings app and rebooted the phone. Anyone else notice this?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Can someone tell me how to install the SBsettings themes that are on Cydia. I've downloaded several but none show up in Winterboard. Are they installed some other way?

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
Open sbsettings and hit More. There is an option to "manage themes" directly within sbsettings. I had the exact same trouble today ;)

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Open sbsettings and hit More. There is an option to "manage themes" directly within sbsettings. I had the exact same trouble today ;)
Thanks. It might have been days til I hit the "more" button again.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
There's a location services toggle up on Cydia. Nice addition for SBsettings.