Update-Free Best iTunes Version

Xiphone

Oct 4, 2007
Hello, to everybody, i have been reading this forum for the past week, im expecting to get my first iPhone the next week, its a 1.0.2 unlocked iPhone, so i would like to know whats the best iTunes version that will be friendly with 1.0.2 unlocked iPhones? i know that i can deactivate the auto update feature, but other than that all the versions are the same? is there any specific version best that the others? (for example more friendly for installing apps or something like that?)

Im sorry if this question has already been posted, i used the search function, butnothing similar came up.

Thanks in advance!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm running 1.0.2 and iTunes 7.4.0.28 and I haven't had any problems with modding or anything. :laugh2:

Xiphone

Oct 4, 2007
Thanks

Thanks a lot mate, finally someone posted an answer i was thinking that no one was going to answe my Q :(. thanks!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks a lot mate, finally someone posted an answer i was thinking that no one was going to answe my Q :(. thanks!
Haha no problem sorry I didn't see the question earlier. :laugh2: Anymore things you're wondering about? Glad to help out if you do!

Xiphone

Oct 4, 2007
Haha no problem sorry I didn't see the question earlier. :laugh2: Anymore things you're wondering about? Glad to help out if you do!
Lol. well actually there are a couple of things that i wonder, like for example: i have read about those apps that let install more apps (like apptap), i know that for installing these apps, i need to jailbreak my iPhone, but what i don't know is: Since it is already unlocked (and to unlock it, they musted jailbreak it) it will be permantently jailbreaked?, or let me rephrease my Q: The jailbreak process its permanent? or you will have to do it, everytime you want to add new stuff to your phone?, also, i know that i can reject to update my ihpone and in case i need to restore it, i can click restore while holding shift in iTunes to pick up the correct 1.0.2 image, but iTunes wont manually download the 1.1.1 without asking (even if it doesn't update my iPhone, but while im online, like an antivirus that its automatically updated with new rules) . And finally, i have also read about how to add custom ringtones to my iPhone, but this process involves making iTunes believe that it will update my iPhone, and download the updated image (i know i have to unplug my iPhone before the image is 100% downloaded), but is this safe? can i just delete the 1.1.1 image after adding the ringtones?

Wow, thats a lot of text lol, thanks in advance pal :laugh2:

dito

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
use "sendsong" in installer (from apptap) to "send" a song from your library to ringtone folder, works VERY EASILY and no hassle with iTunes...

Xiphone

Oct 4, 2007
Thanks

Thanks a lot man for your answer man, i will read about sendsong, thanks:laugh2:

adiarora

Oct 5, 2007
Thanks a lot man for your answer man, i will read about sendsong, thanks:laugh2:
sorry guys i have something similar, i am plaining to buy a unlock iPhone,but my query is i am using iTunes 7.4.3.1, so if i sync it with my new i phone will it work normally or my phone will get locked again pl help me ..........pl do reply thanks...