Update Help!

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
My friend just updated his phone to 1.1.3 after he updated he lost signal then when he showed it to
me I asked him to turn it off then on to see if he gets a singnal.. Well he did it and then the phone restated as if he just bought it.. Can't make calls or go to the home screen all it shows is slide for emergency .. Please help

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Dock it to the computer and see what happens. iTunes will most likely show up, and I would try a Restore. If it doesn't show up on the computer or in iTunes, take it to the Apple Store.

- John

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
He probably didn't allow it enough time to activate it through iTunes... have him plug it in, restore, update, and then give it enough time to activate.

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
So I am trying to update my phone to 2.2.1. I am jailbroken through Quickpwn.

When I tried to update through iTunes before re-jailbreaking I am getting an error that it cannot be restored.

Any ideas as to what the H is going on?

3g 2.2 JB

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
Details on the specific error you're getting will get you more help more quickly ...
Well at first it was giving me the error code '9' and now its giving me the error code '13.' I went to the Apples website but it wasn't giving me any specific code error

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
Wow, with nothing that I did whatsoever it is now updating. Stupid stupid iTunes. Why does their programs have to be so automatic and user friendly? I hate user friendly programs >:-(

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Glad it got going for you. There are a few errors that seem to correct themselves after an iPhone reboot, system reboot, or both ...

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Did you click on Restore or on Update...when I went to 2.2.1 when my iPhone was already jailbroken to 2.2, I just shift-clicked on Update and went to the 2.2.1 iPSW file.

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
Did you click on Restore or on Update...when I went to 2.2.1 when my iPhone was already jailbroken to 2.2, I just shift-clicked on Update and went to the 2.2.1 iPSW file.
what do you mean shift clicked on update? Where is that at? All i see is a check for update and a restore option

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Before you updated, the "Check for Update" button should have just been update. You can just shift-click on the button and instead of it downloading the firmware, you can choose a firmware that you already have on your computer (if you downloaded it somewhere else or something like there).

I don't see why you restored when you could have just updated.

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
Before you updated, the "Check for Update" button should have just been update. You can just shift-click on the button and instead of it downloading the firmware, you can choose a firmware that you already have on your computer (if you downloaded it somewhere else or something like there).

I don't see why you restored when you could have just updated.
Oh I see what you are saying, thank you.

The reason why I had to restore is because when I updated it got stuck and went into emergency restore mode or whatever it is called when it shows the iTunes logo and the plug prompt on the phone.

This update process has been a huge disaster. After I got it updated it erased everything and didn't pull from my backup. Luckily I got it all in working order so now I can finally JB like I originally planned!

Thanks again