Update. How many you can buy.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
"Leakers of these info bits claim to be store employees and mall concierges"

1. one per customer, or wait in line twice
2. Numbered wristbands, three colours, distrbuted at 5pm
3. Stantions maay be placed outside the Mall at 6PM on THURSDAY! (yikes, time to alter my plans!)
4. Groups of 50 at a time to be let into the store starting at 5:50

Remember this is all rumour, no confirmation of anything yet.

- SR

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
this will only be enforced if the line exceeds the supply. (stating the obvious, i know, but im bored)

att_employee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Does this also apply for AT&T stores?
The official policy: 1 customer, 1 iPhone. If a customer wants one for him and another member of his family, then another member of his family must be present.

That said, We're not going to turn away activations if there is not a line at our location (HA!), we may bend the rules. Elsewise, we can send one out the door with a customer, and have additional units direct-fulfilled from our warehouse, which will arrive at the customer's home within 3 businesss days of shipping (obviously depends on stock availability in the warehouse).

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
I think the ATT stores are going to be a crapshoot. Each store varies in size and quantity of phones they will have. I'm sure they'll have something in place but we just won't know till we get there.

att_employee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I think the ATT stores are going to be a crapshoot. Each store varies in size and quantity of phones they will have. I'm sure they'll have something in place but we just won't know till we get there.
Apple stores will also vary in number of devices to be delivered.
I think it's a safe bet that all retail outlets - Apple and AT&T alike - will be out of inventory by close of businesss Friday. Again, if devices are not available when it's your turn at the front of the line, we will be able to direct fulfill your order from the warehouse. Your credit card will not be charged until your device ships.

rpsprott

Jun 30, 2007
I waited a bit

Friday, about seven p.m., I saw that there was a very small line at the local AF&T store so I stopped in and waited. The line went very slowly [I found out later that AT&T's computer system was jam packed and the wait for a single transcation was because of all the sales, sometimes the salesman waited for minutes between screens at his terminal.]

I waited about a half-hour and they ran out of phones two guys in front of me. I was pissed that they didn't come out and tell us they were going to run out until this very nice pneumatic girl from AT&T told the people in line about direct fulfillment and said that we would get priority over the store for the next shipment. It was good that I didn't get a phone because I would have settled for a 4gig [they only had 20 8gigs] but this way I got to order the 8gig. I gave them my plastic and they ran up the transaction telling me that the charge wouldn't go through until the phone was shipped. Also, they said there would be no shipping charges.

So, I wait. No big deal. I can buy the extras on ebay while waiting.